History & Government Education
Bachelor of Art in History & Government Education
Study topics in U.S. History, World Civilization, Democracy in America, Comparative Political Systems, Economics, Sociology, World Geography, Classroom Management, Technology with Curriculum and Curriculum Development. Become a part of ensuring that young people learn tools to advocate politically for themselves and issues they care about through education.
MNU’s History & Government Education program is designed to meet the requirements for the Kansas and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
At MNU, you’ll have access to the Teacher Education Resource Center located in Mabee Library. This puts resources and reference materials at your fingertips. The center houses textbooks, trade books, curriculum guides, instructional materials and more. You’ll also find the integration of faith and academics that will help you explore your values as you examine the shaping events and trends of history. Small class sizes and dedicated, experienced faculty mean you’ll form close relationships with your classmates and teachers, encouraging a collaborative environment and active participation.
MNU’s Education department is respected throughout the state. Kansas is home to some of the top-rated school districts in the nation, giving you excellent opportunities to learn by observing exceptional professional teachers in successful classrooms. Thanks to our reputation and relationships with local schools, our graduates are competitive candidates for desirable teaching positions.
Field Experiences & Clinical Experiences
- History & Government Education Majors complete 4 pre-student teaching field experiences in schools:
- Exceptional Learner & Practicum
- Research & Differentiated Learning & Practicum
- Curriculum Development & Assessment & Practicum
- Methods of Teaching Secondary Social Studies
- History & Government Education Majors complete a final clinical:
- Student Teaching & Seminary (12 weeks) or International Student Teaching (14 weeks)