Acha G. Goris
BA; Theology, 1995, Wesley International Bible College
MA; Missiology, 1997, Theological College of Northern Nigeri
MA; Pastoral Counseling, 2002, Cincinnati Christian Universitya
EdD; Counselor Education and Supervision, 2008, University of Cincinnati
“I love the integration of faith with academics. I really like the emphasis on excellence in the academia under the Lordship of Christ. The family atmosphere at MNU makes me feel welcome and cared for.”
—Acha G. Goris
Awards & Honors
- “Horizon Grant” Lindsey Wilson College (Fall 2010)
- “University Graduate Scholarship” University of Cincinnati (2003-2007)
- March 2012 – Co-presented a poster session with Sarah Haney Ed.D., at the American Counseling Association in San Francisco, CA about our experiences during the trip to Cameroon. We highlighted the importance of a global outlook for counselor education training.
- April 2011 – Co-presented a paper with Laura Schmutz, PhD, and Troyann Gentile, PhD, on the importance of international immersion for student counselors at the KY Mental Health Counseling Association. I presented aspects of our experiences doing counseling in Haiti after the earthquake.
- March 2010 – Pesented a paper at the Ecological Counseling conference organized by the University of Cincinnati about using ecological counseling principles to counsel with African immigrant couples.
- August 2008 – Gave a presentation on the state of the marriages of African Immigrants in the United States to the Cameroonian Association of Cincinnati, August, 2008 (This was a presentation of findings from my dissertation).
- April 2008 – Completed and defended a dissertation on “An Ecological Counseling Exploration of Common Marital Issues Faced by African Immigrants in the United States” at the University of Cincinnati in April 2008
- Spring 2006 – Gave a presentation on counseling needs in developing countries at the Chi Sigma Iota conference, University of Cincinnati (Spring 2006). (A report on the 2004 summer trip to Nigeria, Africa with a group of professionals and student counselors)
- Fall 2004 – Gave a presentation on what to do with an advanced degree in counseling at the University of Cincinnati Counseling program Orientation (Fall 2004). (A report on the 2004 summer trip to Nigeria, Africa with a group of professionals and student counselors)
Involvement at MNU
- Lead faculty for Multicultural Counseling and Career Development classes.
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.