BS; Physics, 2005, Southern Nazarene University
MS; Physics, 2010, University of Kansas
PhD; Physics, 2013, University of Kansas
“The opportunity to share my passion for God and His amazing creation with every student I come into contact with. God has surrounded us with amazing beauty and given us the minds to comprehend it. I am so glad I get to share that journey of comprehension with my students."
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Poster, University of Kansas Graduate Research Competition, 2013
- First place Sigma Xi Research Competition, 2013
- Awarded Honors for PhD dissertation from the University of Kansas, 2013
- Prize for First Place PhD Oral Presentation, Kansas Academy of Science, 2012
- Outstanding Master’s Thesis for the University of Kansas, 2011
- Awarded Honors for Master’s thesis from the University of Kansas, 2010
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant, both 2008-2009 and 2009-2010
- Society of Physics Students Chapter President, 2002-2005
- “Cosmogenic nuclide enhancement via deposition from long-period comets as a test of the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis” Overholt, A. C., Melott, A. L. (2013) EPSL 377:55-61.
- “Modeling high-energy cosmic ray induced terrestrial and atmospheric neutron flux: A lookup table” Overholt, A.C., Melott, A.L., Atri, D. (2013) JGR: Space Physics 118(6):2765-2770.
- "Testing the Link Between Terrestrial Climate Change and Galactic Spiral Arm Transit" Overholt, A. C., Pohl, M. K., Melott, A. L. (2010) Astrophysical Journal Letters 705:L101.
- “Ground Level Radiation from Cosmic Ray Shower Secondaries”, American Physical Society, April Meeting, Denver, CO, 2013
- “Cosmogenic Nuclide Production within the Atmosphere and Long Period Comets”, Presented at University of Kansas Physics Colloquium, Lawrence, KS 2013
- “Cosmogenic Nuclide Production within the Atmosphere and Long Period Comets”, Presented at Tertiary-Quaternary Association Meeting, Lawrence, KS 2013
- “Cosmogenic Nuclide Production within the Atmosphere and Long Period Comets”, Presented at American Physical Society Prairie Section Meeting, Lawrence, KS, 2013.
- “High Energy Cosmic Ray Induced Neutron Irradiation”, Presented at Astrobiology Science Conference, Atlanta, GA, April, 2012.
- “High Energy Cosmic Ray Induced Neutron Irradiation”, Presented at Kansas Academy of Science Annual Meeting, Wichita, KS, March, 2012.
- “High Energy Cosmic Ray Induced Neutron Irradiation", Presented at Mid-America Regional Astrophysics Conference, Lawrence, KS, 2012.
- “Geoisotopic Effects of Cosmic Ray Produced Neutrons”, Presented at American Physical Society Prairie Section Meeting, Cedar Falls, IA, 2011.
- “Geoisotopic Effects of Cosmic Ray Produced Neutrons", Presented at Mid-America Regional Astrophysics Conference, Kansas City, KS, 2011.
Involvement at MNU
- ASG Class of 2015 Class Sponsor, 2011-2013
- Member of the Pre-Medical Committee
- Member of the Faculty Development Committee
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.