Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
Licensed Clinical Addiction Counselor in the State of Kansas
Board Certified Professional Counselor
Registered Play Therapist
BA; Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, 2005, MidAmerica Nazarene University
MA; Marriage and Family Therapy/Professional Counseling, 2007, MidAmerica Nazarene University
Certificate in Play Therapy; 2010, MidAmerica Nazarene University
PhD; Counselor Education and Supervision, Forensic Mental Health Counseling, 2019 (expected), Walden University
“The reason I love this verse is that it reminds me that I'm not alone in this journey. In a world of confusion and chaos there is someone walking along side me, willing and ready to hear my concerns and walk with me through them. The reason I love teaching at MNU is because faculty and student alike can join each other in this journey and provide support to one another as we travel life's many roads. I am very grateful to be part of a community that intentionally chooses to live out this relationship with God and with each other.
Philippians 4: 6-7 NIV - 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.'"
Awards & Honors
- Cambridge Who’s Who among Professionals and Executives – 2007
- American Heritage Award – MidAmerica Nazarene University (MNU) - 2005
- Who’s Who Among American Colleges and Universities Award (MNU) - 2005
- ASG Legacy of Leadership Award (MNU) – 2005
- Psi-Chi – The National Honor Society in Psychology (MNU) - 2004
- The National Deans List – 2002-2003
- Frye, T., Moore, B., Secor, A., & Fry, M. (2014, May). The Disconnected Kid: Interpersonal Neurobiology and Attachment. Presentation at the Olathe Summer Conference at Olathe Northwest High School, Olathe, KS
- Secor, A. (2014, April). ADHD: What is it? Presentation at KidsTLC, Olathe, KS
- Morris, L., Secor, A., & Moore, B. (March, 2014). Treatment Issues for the Co-occurrence of Complex Trauma and Addiction. Presentation at the Kansas Counseling Association’s Annual Convention, Manhattan, KS
- Secor, A. (2014, February). Counseling, Self-Care and Stress Management/Academic Burnout. Presentation at MidAmerica Nazarene University for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Orientation, Olathe, KS
- Secor, A. (2013, August). Counseling, Self-Care and Stress Management/Compassion Fatigue. Presentation at MidAmerica Nazarene University for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Orientation, Olathe, KS
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.