PhD; Psychology, 2010, Walden University
MA; Psychology, 2003, Wheaton College
BA; Psychology/Religion, 2000, MidAmerica Nazarene University
“I enjoy the cohort model within the counselor education division. I love being a part of the development and maintenance of relationships between students and faculty. It is rewarding to watch students grow academically and professionally throughout the program.”
Awards & Honors
- 2013-Excellence in Teaching, Higher EducationPresented by the Kansas City Northland Chamber of Commerce
- 2011-SAGE Publications, Inc., Teaching Innovations and Professional Development AwardChosen by the Society for the Teaching of Psychology
- Moore, F. M., & Moore, B. N. (2013). Jesus is Lord: The cry of a kingdom citizen. Kansas City: Beacon Hill Press.
- Moore, B. N. (2010). Analyses of coping resources and recent resource changes as a means to investigate burnout among Nazarene clergy. Dissertation Abstracts International 72(01). (UMI No. 3428290)
- Moore, F. M., & Moore, B. N. June 22, 2013, General Assembly of the Church of the Nazarene, Indianapolis, IN. Reflections on Jesus is Lord.
- Moore, B. N., & Morris, L. March 15, 2013, Kansas Counseling Association, Topeka, KS. Strategies for reducing implicit race bias in counselor education programs.
- November 12, 2011, Kyrie Foundation, Speaker at the Pediatric Brain Cancer Awareness Fundraiser.
- October 29, 2011, APA Division 2, Diversity Research Symposium at Ball State University, Recent resource changes that contribute to work-related burnout among Nazarene clergy.
Involvement at MNU
- Faculty representative to the Board of Trustees
- TaskStream coordinator for the Counselor Education department
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
78266 Büsingen, Germany
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.