BS; Secondary Social Science Education, 2007, Oklahoma Baptist University
MLS; 2011, Emporia State University
MA; Educational Technology, 2014, University of Central Missouri
“MNU has become home. I can share my faith, be involved in a profession/academic discipline that I love, build relationships, and feel a sense of community everywhere I go. Psalm 37:4 has become more real to me throughout my time here and for that I am thankful.”
Awards & Honors
- Beginning Professional Award. (2014)
- Continuing Education Grant: College and University Libraries Section of the Kansas Library Association, 2013
- ACRL Member of the Week, March 4, 2013
- First Place at SLIM Poster Session at the Kansas Library Association Annual Conference with C. Ford, 2011
- A newcomer’s perspective on the changing academic library: Library to learning commons. Kansas Library Association and University Libraries Section Proceedings, (4)2,Hays, L. & Damron, N. 2014 http://dx.doi.org/10.4148/2160-942X.1044
- Information literacy in open courses. Practical Academic Librarianship, 4(1).Hays, L. (2014). http://journals.tdl.org/pal/index.php/pal
- Blackburn, H., & Hays, L. (Forthcoming). Classroom management and the librarian. Education libraries. Hays, L. & Warner, L. (2014).
- Hays, L., Flanders, B., & Dagley, L. (2013). EasyBib: A review. The Christian Librarian, 55-56(2-1), 26-28.
- Hays, L. D. (2011). Changing spaces. KLA Connects, 5.
- Hays, L. (Upcoming, October, 2014)
- Classroom management and the librarian. Presentation presented at Kansas Library Association Annual Conference, Wichita, KS. Hays, L., & Warner, L. (2014)
- A newcomer’s perspective on the changing academic library: Library to learning commons. Presentation presented at the College and University Library Conference of the Kansas Library Association, Emporia, KS. Hays, L. & Burns, J. (2014, April).
- Near or far: Connecting with the adult learner. Presentation presented at the Information Literacy Summit, Moraine Valley Community College, Palo Hills, IL. Hays, L. (2014). Teaching information literacy skills to nontraditional learners. Presented at the Sixth Annual MidAmerica Nazarene University Faculty Exhibition and Recognition, Olathe, KS. Hays, L. (2014, April)
- The college readiness of nontraditional learners. Presentation presented at the College Readiness Dialogues, Kansas City, MO. Hays, L. (2013).
- Hays, L. D. (2013). Teaching information literacy skills to nontraditional learners (presentation). Kansas Library Association Annual Conference. Topeka, KS.
- Hays, L. D. (2013). Creating a research award (presentation). 2013 Amigos Annual Member Conference. Online.
- Hays, L. D. (2012). Federated searching, information literacy, and library promotion (presentation). Oklahoma Association of College and Research Libraries Annual Conference. Tulsa, OK.
- Ford, C. & Hays, L. D. (2011). Share the vision: Of lending e-books! (poster). SLIM Poster Session, Kansas Library Association Annual Conference, Topeka, KS.
Involvement at MNU
- College and University Libraries Section Proceedings, Kansas Library Association Peer Reviewer, September 2013-Present
- College and University Libraries Section, Kansas Library Association Nominating Committee, September 2013-August 2014
- Special Libraries Association, Kansas/Western Missouri Chapter Treasurer, 2011-2012
- Faculty Development Committee, 2014-Present
- Institutional Review Board, 2013-Present
- Non-Voting Member of the General Education Committee, 2013-Present
- American Library Association, 2012-Present
- Association of College and Research Libraries, 2012-Present
- Kansas Library Association, 2010-Present
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.