Mark C. Ford
Associate Academic Vice President
Professor of Business
EdD; Higher Education Management, 2011, University of Pennsylvania
MBA; 1997, University of Kansas
JD; 1990, University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law
B;, Accounting and Business Administration, 1987, MidAmerica Nazarene University
“I enjoy teaching at MNU because I get to work with bright and talented students. Teaching gives me a chance to talk about a topic that I love: the law. I have a daily opportunity to help students understand how our economic and justice systems work and to discuss the many ways that the law can be used as an effective tool to advance society.”
—Mark C. Ford
Awards & Honors
- Dissertation awarded distinction by Penn faculty.
- MNU President’s Award – Administrator of the Year, 2009
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers
- Ford, M. (2011). The Role of the President, Faculty, and Staff in Cultivating the Commitment and Engagement Necessary to Produce Revitalization at Faith-based Colleges. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Pennsylvania.
- Ford, M., Piegza, L., & Stafford, L. (2013). Implementing Successful Student Retention Systems, The Lessons Learned at MidAmerica Nazarene University and Bethel University. Presentation at the 2013 Forum of the Association for Institutional Research, Long Beach, CA.
- Ford, M. (2012, January) The Role of the President, Faculty, and Staff in Cultivating the Commitment and Engagement Necessary to Produce Revitalization at Faith-based Colleges, Paper presented at the Penn Higher Education Leadership Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Ford, M. (Ed.). (2009). Self-Study: Embracing the Vision, Pursuing the Call. Comprehensive accreditation report for The Higher Learning Commission. Olathe: MidAmerica Nazarene University.
Involvement at MNU
- Chaired General Education Committee (2010 – 2013)
- Chaired Graduate Council (2013)
- Chaired Academic Exceptions Committee (2009-present)
- Chaired Outcomes Assessment Committee (2007-present)
- Academic Affairs Committee member (1997-present)
- Business Division Chairman (1998-2008)
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
78266 Büsingen, Germany
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.