Mary L. Fry
PhD; Counselor Education & Supervision, 2013, Regent University
MS; Education, 1975, Baylor University
BA; Elementary Education, 1972, UMKC
“I enjoy watching graduate students develop in their confidence and personal awareness."
—Mary L. Fry
Awards & Honors
- Chi-Sigma Iota, 2010
- Leadership Kansas Class of 1982.
- Pi Lambda Theta honorary society, 1972
- Leadership Award, Graceland College, 1970
- Fry, M. L. (2013). Program Insights: Association for Play Therapy Leadership Academy. Association for Play Therapy magazine. 8(3), September, 2013.
- Davis, P. S. & Fry, M. L. (2010). Who’s in Charge Today? Implementing Child-Centered Play Therapy Groups in School Settings. Association for Play Therapy magazine, June, 2010.
- Child-Centered Group Play Counseling in the Elementary School. Kansas Counselor's Association Conference, March 2013.
- Child Parent Relationship Training in the Schools, Missouri School Counselor’s Association, November 2012.
- Three is NOT a Crowd: Triadic Supervision with School Counselor Interns. Missouri School Counselor’s Association, November 2012.
- Play Therapy in the Office and School, Christian Association of Psychological Studies, March 31, 2012.
- Child Centered Group Play Counseling in the Schools, Missouri School Counselor Association, November 8, 2011.
- Lee’s Summit School Counselors Professional Development Workshop, March 9, 2012; Kansas Play Therapy Association Regional workshop, August 17, 2012.
- Teens Can Play Too! Missouri School Counselor Association, November 7, 2011.
- Ethics is Important for YOU! Olathe School District Elementary Counselors, October 31, 2011.
- Triadic Supervision: Shaping the Future Through an Innovative and Unique Supervisory Method, Association of Counselor Education and Supervision, October 2011
- Missouri School Counselor’s Association Conference, November 2012.
- Peer Intervention: Eighth Graders Teach Character Traits, Kansas School Counselor’s Association, October1, 2011.
- Uh-oh! A Way to Keep Cool When Things Get Hot. A Love and Logic approach, Olathe School District Head Start Parents, November 11, 2010, March 2012.
- Becoming an Accurate and Effective Child Diagnostician. Kansas Counseling Association Conference (March 11, 2010)
- Child Diagnosis: Communicating with Parents. Kansas Counseling Association Conference (March 12, 2010)
- Making A Difference Across Generations, Beacon Behavioral Health Lunch & Learn, (November 12, 2009). Panel Discussion: Responding to the needs of children
- Sandtray Therapy, , Synergy Services, (June, 2009) Presentation to Therapists who see children and adolescents
- “Boundaries in Parenting” featuring speaker & author Dr. John Townsend, Christ Community Evangelical Free Church (2007) (Panel member at the end of the day-long presentation by Dr. John Townsend)
- “Moms at Play” Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS), (2004-2009), Indian Creek Community Church, Olathe Bible Church, Olathe Christian Church, New Hope Community Church, Christ Community Nazarene Church
- “Setting Boundaries,” Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS), (2005, 2007, 2009) Christ Community Church of the Nazarene & Indian Creek Community Church
- (CBI) Classroom Based Psychosocial Intervention Program, Save the Children, co-facilitator, (12/05), New Orleans, LA, (post Katrina)
- “Healing Through a Difficult Time,” Sunday School teachers and staff, Christ Community Nazarene Church (2005)
- “Intensive Filial Therapy,” MidAmerica Nazarene University (June, 2005) Co-Facilitator with Rise VanFleet, Ph.D., RPT-S
- “A Directive Approach to Family Play Therapy for Fair Fighting” (April 2, 2004), Kansas City Play Therapy
- “A Directive Approach to Family Play Therapy for Fair Fighting” (April 18, 2003), Kansas Association for Play Therapy Annual Conference, 3 hour Breakout
- “Helping Kids with Anger,” College Church of the Nazarene Women’s Ministries (2003). Institute, 6.5 ceu hours
- “Behavioral Techniques for the Hard to Manage Child,” College Church of the Nazarene (2002)
- “Parenting With Love & Logic,” Atonement Lutheran Church (2001), Blue Valley Schools (2003), Olathe Schools (1996-1999), Christ Community Evangelical Free Church (2002)
- “Boundaries With Kids,” Living Hope Church of the Nazarene (1999), College Church of the Nazarene (2000), Christ Community Church of the Nazarene (2001), Indian Creek Community Church Preschool & Day Care (2002)
- “Come Play With Me,” Northeast Kansas Counselor’s Association (2000)
- “Preparing for the Drug Free Years,” Brougham Elementary School Parents (1996), Olathe School District Counselors (1997)
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
78266 Büsingen, Germany
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.