Friday, April 13, 2018 | Cook Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the President's Honors event all about?
President's Honors is a donor regnition and fundraising event. But it is also more than that: it is a celebration -- of God's faithfulness, of donor generosity, of all that makes the mission of MidAmerica Nazarene University worthy of unwavering, sacrificial support.
Q. When is the next President's Honors event?
The sixth annual President's Honors is scheduled for Friday, April 13, 2018.
Q. Who is being honored at the next President's Honors event?
We will reveal our 2018 honoree(s), as well as new members of our Cornerstone Society, in February 2018.
Q. What are the benefits of being a sponsor?
All legacy, presenting, platinum, gold, silver, bronze and table sponsorships include prime or preferred seating at President's Honors as well as recognition in various media including the event website, e-communications, the printed program, and during the event, depending on the sponsorship level. Sponsorship is an excellent opportunity to promote a business or organization to a highly desirable audience while providing significant support for Christian higher education.
Q. How do I purchase tickets for the event?
Tickets for the 2018 President's Honors will be available online in January 2018. You may call the Office of University Advancement at (913) 971-3605 to reserve your seats.
Q. What is the attire for the event/what does “semi-formal attire” mean?
Attire for the President’s Honors event is semi formal. Suggested attire for men is a dark-colored suit and tie. For women, an evening dress, dressy pantsuit or dress suit are appropriate.
Q. How can I help with the President’s Honors?
There are three significant ways you can help!
- Sponsorship support: Do you work at or own a business that could be a corporate sponsor? Sponsorship opportunities are available at various levels for companies, individuals and families. Visit the Sponsorship page for details and sponsorship pricing.
- Live and silent auction donations: Do you have new items to donate such as collectibles, gift/service certificates or "experience" packages? Do you work for a company that would donate new items or services? Would you consider asking retailers or vendors with whom you frequently do business to consider making a donation? Visit the Auction page for a list of suggested items to donate.
- Attendance: Will you help promote and/or consider attending this exciting event? Attendance options include:
- Table Sponsorships - great for individuals, groups or families! A $1,000 table sponsorship includes 8 seats at the event to invite friends or those you know who also support Christian higher education.
- Half-Table Sponsorships - perfect for two couples! A $500 half-table sponsorship gives you 4 seats at a designated table. You receive special recognition as a half-table sponsor in the event website and printed program.
- Individual tickets -- $100 each and include dinner, entertainment, and live and silent auctions.
Q. May I pay for President's Honors sponsorships and/or individual tickets using my donor-advised fund?
Donor Advised Fund (DAF) distributions are regulated by federal law, and DAF gifts may only be received for the charitable portion of fundraisers. Please contact the MNU Office of University Advancement at (913) 971-3605 for more information.
Q. I am unable to attend the event, but want to support student scholarships at MNU. How can I help?
Absolutely! Visit our Online Giving page and designate your gift for "President's Honors" from the pull-down menu. That way, your donation will be used toward student scholarships.
Q. I’ve never been to Cook Center and/or the MNU campus. How do I get there?
MidAmerica Nazarene University’s Olathe campus is located at 2030 E. College Way in Olathe. For driving directions, click here. Cook Center is located on Lindenwood Drive between College Way and Sheridan (#24 on the campus map found at the link above).
Q. If I still have questions, whom should I contact?
Paula Gettles at (913) 971-3605 or email@example.com.
Scenes from 2016
Photos by Dan Videtich.