Friday, April 11, 2014 | Cook Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the benefits of being a sponsor?
All presenting, platinum, gold, silver, bronze and table sponsorships include prime or preferred seating at the President's Honors as well as recognition in various media including the event website, e-communications, the printed program, and during the event, depending on the sponsorship level. Sponsorship is an excellent opportunity to promote a business or organization to a highly desirable audience while providing significant support for Christian higher education.
Q. How may I purchase tickets for the event?
You can register now for the 2014 President's Honors via our website. To register by phone, call the Office of University Advancement at (913) 971-3605.
Q. What is the attire for the event/what does “semi-formal attire” mean?
Attire for the President’s Honors event is semi formal. Suggested attire for men is a dark-colored suit and tie. For women, an evening dress, dressy pantsuit or dress suit are appropriate.
Q. How can I help with the President’s Honors?
There are three significant ways you can help!
- Sponsorship support: Do you work at or own a business that could be a corporate sponsor? Sponsorship opportunities are available at various levels for companies, individuals and families. Visit the Sponsorship page for details and sponsorship pricing.
- Live and silent auction donations: Do you have new items to donate such as collectibles, gift/service certificates or "experience" packages? Do you work for a company that would donate new items or services? Would you consider asking retailers or vendors with whom you frequently do business to consider making a donation? Visit the Auction page for a list of suggested items to donate.
- Attendance: Will you help promote and/or consider attending this exciting event? Attendance options include:
- Table Sponsorships - great for individuals, groups or families! A $1,000 table sponsorship includes 8 seats at the event to invite friends or those you know who also support Christian higher education.
- Table Host - A $400 table host commitment gives you two seats at a table designated for your group or family. You simply commit to assist in recruiting and filling the remaining six seats and receive special recognition as a table host in the event program.
- Individual tickets -- $100 each and include dinner, entertainment, and live and silent auctions.
Q. May I pay for President's Honors sponsorships and/or individual tickets using my donor-advised fund?
Donor Advised Fund (DAF) distributions are regulated by federal law, and DAF gifts may only be received for the charitable portion of fundraisers. If you are paying for a gala sponsorship or individual tickets using a DAF, please contact the MNU Office of University Advancement at (913) 971-3605 for more information.
Q. I am unable to attend the event, but want to support student scholarships at MNU. How can I help?
Absolutely. Visit our Online Giving page and your donation will be used toward student scholarships.
Q. I’ve never been to Cook Center and/or the MNU campus. How do I get there?
MidAmerica Nazarene University’s Olathe campus is located at 2030 E. College Way in Olathe. For driving directions, click here. Cook Center is located on Lindenwood Drive between College Way and Sheridan (#24 on the campus map found at the link above).
Q. If I still have questions, whom should I contact?
Paula Gettles at (913) 971-3605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scenes from 2013
Photos by Dan Videtich.