- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0* or above in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework, or minimum GPA of 3.2 in the last 30 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary course work.
- Writing sample.
- Three professional and/or academic recommendations
- One half-day of comprehensive interviews with graduate faculty after all other admission requirements have been met.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must have a score of 600 or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
* Students with lower GPA are eligible for admission but will be placed on an academic probationationary period if accepted.
Admission and Application Process
Application and interviews for the Master of Arts in Counseling program occurs twice a year. The number of students accepted is limited, so please don't wait until the last minute to fill out your application.
Groups Starting in Olathe & Liberty:
Early Bird Application Deadline:
February 15, 2016
Standard Application Deadline:
April 1, 2016
Related Stories from the MNU Newsroom
Open House for Accelerated and Graduat…
The School of Professional and Graduate Studies is hosting open houses at its Liberty and Olathe locations. TUESDAY, NOVEMBER… Read More
Understanding and Working with Sexual…
A Panel Discussion Response to Ashley Madison From the Counseling Department at MidAmerica Nazarene University Marriage… Read More
Alum Awarded 2015 Kansas Horizon Award
Jamie Droegemeier of Spring Hill Middle School is one of six teachers from Johnson County who won the Kansas Department of Education's 2015 Horizon Award which honors exemplary… Read More