- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0* or above in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework, or minimum GPA of 3.2 in the last 30 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary course work.
- Writing sample.
- Three professional and/or academic recommendations
- One half-day of comprehensive interviews with graduate faculty after all other admission requirements have been met.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must have a score of 600 or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
* Students with lower GPA are eligible for admission but will be placed on an academic probationationary period if accepted.
Admission and Application Process
Application and interviews for the Master of Arts in Counseling program occurs twice a year. The number of students accepted is limited, so please don't wait until the last minute to fill out your application.
Groups Starting in Olathe & Liberty:
Early Bird Application Deadline:
January 15, 2015
Standard Application Deadline:
Deadline extended. Apply today!
Related Stories from the MNU Newsroom
Alum Awarded 2015 Kansas Horizon Award
Jamie Droegemeier of Spring Hill Middle School is one of six teachers from Johnson County who won the Kansas Department of Education's 2015 Horizon Award which honors exemplary… Read More
Technology for Today’s Classroom
If you’re asked to imagine a traditional classroom, chances are that image includes chalkboards, books, desks, loose-leaf paper and pencils- but is that accurate in today’s… Read More
Winding Road to Success
Ada Martinez-Medina did not take the typical road to college. The oldest of nine children, she often needed to help her widowed mother care for the younger siblings. She missed a… Read More