- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0* or above in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework, or minimum GPA of 3.2 in the last 30 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Three recommendation forms to be completed by those who can comment on the applicant's potential as a graduate student, career performance and potential.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary course work.
- Writing sample.
- One half-day of comprehensive interviews with graduate faculty after all other admission requirements have been met.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must have a score of 600 or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
* Students with lower GPA are eligible for admission but will be placed on an academic probationationary period if accepted.
Admission and Application Process
Application and interviews for the Master of Arts in Counseling program occurs twice a year. The number of students accepted is limited, so please don't wait until the last minute to fill out your application.
Spring Application: Due by March 1
Interview and Decision: April
Fall Application: Due by May 1
Interview and Decision: June
MNU to Partner with Olivet to Offer Ed…
Olivet Nazarene University and MidAmerica Nazarene University announce a collaborative partnership to offer a Doctor of Education in Ethical Leadership degree program on the MNU… Read More
New Accelerated Elementary Education P…
OLATHE, KAN.,—A new option for adults who want to change careers to become elementary school teachers is the only one of its kind in the Metro. The 18-month accelerated… Read More
What Type of Adult Learner are You?
Every adult learner is different, but many share a few common characteristics. So while your motivation for going back to school may be unique, you can be sure that plenty before… Read More