- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0* or above in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework, or minimum GPA of 3.2 in the last 30 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Three recommendation forms to be completed by those who can comment on the applicant's potential as a graduate student, career performance and potential.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary course work.
- Writing sample.
- One half-day of comprehensive interviews with graduate faculty after all other admission requirements have been met.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must have a score of 600 or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
* Students with lower GPA are eligible for admission but will be placed on an academic probationationary period if accepted.
Admission and Application Process
Application and interviews for the Master of Arts in Counseling program occurs twice a year. The number of students accepted is limited, so please don't wait until the last minute to fill out your application.
Spring Application: Due by March 1
Interview and Decision: April
Fall Application: Due by May 1
Interview and Decision: June
Taking Counseling Skills to Most Vulne…
Fourteen graduate counseling students and a professor from Mid America Nazarene University (MNU) sit around a makeshift “campfire” made of flashlights in a small village in… Read More
It's Still Worth It
Amid some media suggestions that the cost of a university degree might outweigh its value, a new report cited in USA Today's article by Mary Beth Marklein reaffirms the economic… Read More
KCA Names MNU Professor to Hall of Fam…
MNU has another Hall of Famer. Mary Fry, PhD, associate professor of counselor education and school counselor track coordinator, was recently presented the Kansas Counselors… Read More