- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0* or above in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework, or minimum GPA of 3.2 in the last 30 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary course work.
- Writing sample.
- Three professional and/or academic recommendations
- One half-day of comprehensive interviews with graduate faculty after all other admission requirements have been met.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must have a score of 600 or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
* Students with lower GPA are eligible for admission but will be placed on an academic probationationary period if accepted.
Admission and Application Process
Application and interviews for the Master of Arts in Counseling program occurs twice a year. The number of students accepted is limited, so please don't wait until the last minute to fill out your application.
Groups Starting in Olathe & Liberty:
Early Bird Application Deadline:
February 15, 2016
Standard Application Deadline:
April 1, 2016
Related Stories from the MNU Newsroom
Calling to Counseling
Natalie Eick (’12), sociology/psychology major, found her mission field within the walls of her graduate program in the clinical psychology program at The Chicago School of… Read More
Online Bachelor of Business Starts Fal…
Students seeking career preparation in business will have a new opportunity at MidAmerica Nazarene University next fall. The… Read More
Change Your Life—Change Your Career
It’s that time of year when we all think of improving ourselves, making new goals and stretching the limits of our abilities. Read about one alum who is making a career change… Read More