- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0* or above in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework, or minimum GPA of 3.2 in the last 30 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary course work.
- Writing sample.
- Three professional and/or academic recommendations
- One half-day of comprehensive interviews with graduate faculty after all other admission requirements have been met.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must have a score of 600 or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
* Students with lower GPA are eligible for admission but will be placed on an academic probationationary period if accepted.
Admission and Application Process
Application and interviews for the Master of Arts in Counseling program occurs twice a year. The number of students accepted is limited, so please don't wait until the last minute to fill out your application.
Groups Starting in Olathe:
Still accepting Applications for Fall 2017
Related Stories from the MNU Newsroom
Replacing Fear With Trust
MNU Profs Train Kansas Social Workers When a child is taken from home and placed in foster care, the initial shock can be difficult to process. For most children around… Read More
Grads Find Good Fit In Marketing
College prepares you for life and when life happens, it’s good to know that you have choices. The job market was less than desirable when Kris Ratzlaff (‘06, MBA ’10)… Read More
Calling to Counseling
Natalie Eick (’12), sociology/psychology major, found her mission field within the walls of her graduate program in the clinical psychology program at The Chicago School of… Read More