Why Should Kids Have All The Fun?
Rediscover the Thrill of Learning Mathematics
June 24-28, 2013
8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Friday
Contact Mark Brown
What is a Math Teachers’ Circle?
A Math Teachers’ Circle is a place where middle school math teachers and mathematicians come together to explore problem solving approaches with interesting and fun math problems and to share classroom experiences and successes.
The cost of the workshop is only $50, thanks to the PERK grant. For those interested in earning three hours continuing education credit, the cost is an additional $255 ($85 per credit hour).
Our Mission: Rediscover the thrill of mathematics!
Mathematics can and should be enjoyable for all. Join the MidAmerica Math Teachers’ Circle to experience the thrill and fun of working on mathematics with a supportive group. Participate in a process of learning that puts the enjoyment back in mathematics through the investigation of intriguing problems. The Heartland Math Teachers’ Circle at MNU provides guidance and support for promoting critical thinking and problem solving in the classroom.
- Expand your mathematical awareness and enrich your problem solving skills.
- Meet with other middle school math teachers and share ideas.
- Make connections to the Common Core.
- Spread the infectious love of mathematics!!!
- Earn 3 hours of Continuing Education Credits.
- 5-day workshop
- Collaborative mathematical problem solving
- Daily connections to the common core
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided
- Ample opportunity for networking and social time
- One evening banquet
MidAmerica Nazarene Universtiy
Preparing Educators for Rural Kansas (PERK)
American Institute of Mathematics
Math Teacher's Circle
Contact the Department of Education
Kristen Bell, Administrative Assistant: 913.971.3446
Glenna Murray, Administrative Assistant: 913.971.3446
Janelle Hoffpaiur, Licensure and Assessment Coordinator: 913.971.3526