Student Blogger Application
Each school year the Marketing & Communications office will hire 3-5 traditional undergraduate student blogger/vloggers (video blogs) to create, edit and post content on an MNU student blog/vlog feed that will be integrated into the mnu.edu website. These students will be selected, equipped, managed and compensated by the Marketing & Communications office. Students will receive a $100 stipend for each semester in addition to an iPod touch to use for the year for blogging.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- basic knowledge of blogging/vlogging worlds, camera usage and editing software and basic understanding of posting capabilities. Must own personal computer or have access to one on campus.
- involvement in one extra-curricular MNU activity in which they can blog/vlog about (athletics, theater, ASG, ministries, residential life, internships, PR group, clubs, etc.)
- must uphold the moral, faith-based and academic integrity of the University at all times, on camera or off.
- Applicants will be reviewed by a selection committee, interviewed and selected for the entirety of the school-year. Students will be chosen by the following process:
- Applications and references will be reviewed and narrowed to several students to be interviewed by the Marketing & Communications office.
- Bloggers will be chosen based on university involvement, technological or blogging experience, campus references and approval from Community Formation office.
- a. Student bloggers will post, at a minimum, weekly in their assigned time frame. (example: student A will post Monday or Tuesday, student B will post Tuesday or Wednesday, student C will post Wednesday or Thursday, etc. in order to create a more consistent time line for readers).
- Each weekly post should have some text and at least one multi-media element (photo or video). Students will also be asked to post several times a week to either a school-sponsored Twitter or Instagram feed.
- All posting must be done under the student’s own name and will abide by all copyright and intellectual property laws. Additionally, students must abide by the Student Handbook (‘12-13) in all blog-related activities and posts.
- Student bloggers will be responsible for responding in a timely manner (within 24 hours) to any comments, questions or requests from followers.
SEND YOUR COMPLETE APPLICATION TO MARKETING@MNU.EDU