I hope you all had a wonderful winter break! Right now life is all about getting back into the swing of things… New classes, new transfer friends, and for me a new roommate!
Now for me when life starts to get kind of crazy (going to classes, working, trying to get homework done, keeping a semi-clean dorm room, and attempting to maintain a social life) I get a bit overwhelmed. But there are a few things I can always rely on!
1. Spend time with the Lord! This is by far the most important and helpful thing you can do! Just taking a break from life for 15 minutes to read God’s word and to cast worries onto Him is a big relief!
2. Listen to some music! You can really listen to any kind of music (I am in love with Frank Sinatra and a lot of classical music lately) but anything works! Especially some good worship music! (I love All Sons and Daughters) Listen to it while you are cleaning, doing homework, or whatever!
3. Try to keep your room clean throughout the week! Instead of waiting until it gets unbearable… make sure each day you clean up a little so you don’t get overwhelmed with stuff! Now it may not bother you as much as it bothers me, but if you are like me it helps! I can’t sit and do homework in a room that just looks like a mess!
4. Take a nap, or commit to going to bed early every once and awhile! Making time for sleep is important so make it a priority to take a little nap or go to bed an hour earlier than normal for a night! A good nights sleep can make a big difference in your day!
5. Give yourself a break and hangout with some good friends! Studying and working is important… But don’t work yourself too hard! Hangout with some good friends! At MNU we have tons of movie nights, play ping pong, and go to Applebee’s for half-priced apps! No matter what you do… make sure you give yourself a break to have fun!
Start the semester off right! Don’t overwork yourself too early on! There is no need for stress! You need to work hard, but don’t do it to the point of wearing yourself out and then not be able to finish!
Hope this helps all you students! Even if you’re in high school!
Thanks for stopping by!
Follow me @haleyraydoo and @mnublogs