The semester is in officially in full swing– I have four tests next week (gross). But writing is one thing I always look forward to. I love to write about what is on my heart, what is going on in my life, and what I am learning. So I am writing because I am escaping from my stack of books I have yet to pick up. And today that writing will be about all valuable lessons I have learned in college (yay)!
So here it is 10 Valuable Things You Learn in College
1. There are three valuable things: Academics (grades), Social life, Sleep. You get to choose two.
2. No matter how hard you try, no one is immune to a Netflix addiction.
3. You can only do the best you can.
4. You have to learn to say no. If you don’t, you’ll soon be involved in everything and you will get burned out (see #1 for chart).
5. You can’t focus too much on the past or future. Learn to live in the present (I wrote a previous blog “Just Stop and Learn to Be on the Beach”). Right now you may be living in the memories of the past, or thinking about all that may happen in your future, but one day you’ll wake up and you’ll miss being in college (also see previous blog “Diary of a College Student”).
6. If your roommate get’s sick ALWAYS disinfect.
7. Staying up late with your pals is (most of the time) worth it.
8. And getting up early occasionally is not the end of the world.
9. Surround yourself with people who only make you and encourage you to be better.
10. Really be dedicated to learn something. Get really informed about one specific thing. For me, I love to read about interesting new studies in the psychology field. So when someone is talking to me and it relates to an article I just read- lets just say I sound smarter than I probably actually am.
And that’s about all I have. Do you have any valuable lessons learned in college?
Thanks for stopping by
(Pictures found at http://kickofjoy.com/college-life-best-days/