I hope your week is going well. Here at MNU it’s spiritual deepening week! Yesterday morning at chapel we had Dr. Green from Trevecca speak and he was very excited and enthusiastic about sharing with us how our faith should maybe be ‘childlike.’
Last night was KINGDOM COME! Kingdom Come is a monthly worship service and it is amazing. Students gather at Bell and just worship the Lord and partake in the Lord’s supper. This is probably my favorite event that we have on campus because God truly moves in every service and I enjoy every second of being there. There have been many times where the band has just kept singing and then many of us students stay to worship! Kingdom Come is such a great time to praise and pray and reflect alongside fellow believers and classmates.
This week is also VALENTINE’S DAY! Whether you have a special someone or not Valentine’s can be fun. My friend Hannah and I went around the ales of Walmart making fun of all of the cheesy Valentine’s gifts and it was a blast! But then the next day we went shopping on the Plaza for our Valentine’s date outfits. We have had such a fun week both making fun of the day of love and preparing for/looking forward to it. Yeah love is complicated and weird like that.
Well I hope you guys have a wonderful rest of the week. Have fun tomorrow–on a date or kickin it solo!
Learn some new things about Valentine’s Day today:
– 15% of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine’s Day.
– 189 million stems of roses are sold in the U.S. on Valentine’s Day.
– “I love you” in German is “Ich liebe dich.” (I learned this while living in Europe!)
– Men spend almost twice as much on Valentine’s Day as women do. This year, the average man will spend $156, while the average woman will only spend $85. 🙂
– More than one-third of men would prefer not receiving a gift.