The one with the epiphany.
For the past week I have livin it up in Frankfurt. As soon as I got off the train I knew I was going to like it there. And I was right. I absolutely loved this week! I learned many things about myself and God revealed so much to me about personal areas of my life as well as my future plans-His plans. We worked with Chris Zimmerman. Some of you might/should remember him speaking there at MNU earlier this semester. Well I am just gonna let my little notes about this whole experience speak for themselves.
Ready. Set. Go.
*Our vision is Heaven on Earth. Wanna join?
- EVERYONE is made in the image of God. Not just Christians.
- Jesus became part of the people and society. He gained the authority to proclaim. He didn’t start his speaking, preaching, and teaching ministry until he was thirty!
“There’s no holiness without social holiness.” -John Wesley
- THE MISSIONAL CHURCH: So often we have the view that everything starts with the Church and that missions is just a little branch that some select few specialize in. Then we throw in some Christ where we feel it comfortably fits. *This view should be reversed.
- Church view: Believe. Behave. Belong. — you must first believe what we believe. Then you have to change in order to behave as we do; the right way. And THEN you may belong and be accepted by us.
- Missional view: Belong. Behave. Believe.– you feel a sense of love and belonging and acceptance and so then you gradually begin to see and behave in ways that glorify God. Then God works in you and continues to reveal to you in ways that you should think and believe.
- Action teaches more than teaching does.
- Don’t be limited to Sunday morning fellowship and service.
- Don’t pray for God to be with you and ‘wait on Him’ before you enter into foreign territory. He is most likely already there waiting on you.
- You pray when you are walking on water because you don’t want to sink but there is no need to pray when you’re sitting in the boat. Get out of the boat.
- Stop praying abstract prayers asking for God to bring people to church. Get off your butt and go to where those people are.
- The kingdom of God is for TODAY.
- Action comes first. Prayer comes after. Just like Jesus says in Luke to the 72- we are to be praying as we go, as we are already on our way and in action.
- GO! I AM SENDING YOU OUT LIKE LAMBS AMONG WOLVES.–He is sending us out just as he came. He says that just as he came we should go. Vulnerable as a baby. Dependent on his parents growing up. Wounded when they beat him and hung him on a cross.
- The kingdom of God works and operates through people who are fully dependent on him.
- Step out in faith not knowing what may happen.
- Do not be distracted. You are on a mission.
- Offer peace to everyone. No matter their background or religion or values. It shouldn’t be a test of whether they are worth of peace or God’s blessings.
- The kingdom of God is at hand. Offer peace for whoever you meet and accept all that THEY want to give you.
- *Jesus passed the bread and wine, offered his body and blood, even to the man that he knew was going to betray him. He offered himself even to his enemy.
- We don’t bring God to the people. We just need to help them understand and see that God is ALREADY with them.
- I may not know how God can help but I do know that we/I can ask him to help.
Who are we sent to?
Who am I sent to?
Who are you sent to?
Am I living out God’s vision and call as radically as I can?
This week God spoke to me in so many ways. He opened my eyes to the plans that he has for me. Ephesians 3:20 says, “By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope for.” God wants to do amazing things in me and through me…so why was I standing in the way? Well not anymore. God’s got some insane plans for me and my future. And I’m ready to be apart of them.
Check this out.
Learn something new today is gonna be a little different this time..
Ponder this: The hill billy story. The hill billy went into a church that was very nice and sophisticated and everyone was dressed fancy. The church and pastor were disturbed by the hill billy’s attire and so the pastor went to him after church and asked him how he liked the service. The hill billy replied that he thought it was okay and he enjoyed it. The pastor then asked if he would be coming back. The hill billy said yes he would like to come back again. The pastor went on to say okay well for next time how about you talk to Jesus and ask him about how you should dress when you come to church here. The hill billy said that he would. – The next Sunday the hill billy showed up at church and was wearing the same clothes as the Sunday before. The pastor and church were very upset about this and so the pastor approached the hill billy and said I thought last Sunday we talked about your clothes and you said you were going to talk to Jesus and ask him what you should wear and look like when coming to church here..? The hill billy said that he did talk to Jesus and ask him how he should dress. The puzzled pastor then asked well what did he say? The hill billy responded, “Jesus said that he has never been to your church so he doesn’t know how I should dress or what I should look like when coming here.”
are you pondering…?
what are you pondering…?