Professional & Graduate Studies Financial Aid
It’s likely that cost will be the determining factor standing between you and your career. We’re here to tell you that MidAmerica Nazarene University really is an option for you. We work with all of our Professional and Graduate students to help them see just how affordable MNU really is.
All students at MNU are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Most students qualify for one or more federal student loans. Veterans may have access to VA benefits and some employers offer tuition reimbursement. MNU also offers a generous group pricing discount. All of these options can make obtaining your degree at MNU more affordable than you think.
MNU School Code: 007032
Applying for Financial Aid
Start the process to obtain federal loans with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Follow these steps to complete your application.
Which Year FAFSA Do I Use?
The FAFSA you use depends on your program start date. Contact Student Financial Services at 913-971-3298 with your anticipated program and start date if you have not applied for admission when completing the FAFSA.
- You will need a Federal Personal Identification Number (PIN). Go to www.pin.ed.gov to obtain one. If you forgot your PIN, you may request a “duplicate” as well.
You will need the following information: Social Security number, Alien Registration number if not a US citizen, Federal tax returns and W-2 information, records of all income. A worksheet on the FAFSA website helps you gather this information.
- Complete the FAFSA. Be sure to use the FAFSA for the correct financial aid year. Consult your program start date information to determine which FAFSA to use or ask Student Financial Services at 913-971-3298.
Free Help Available
Online you will find “Help” buttons on every page of the FAFSA or click “Live Help” to chat with a customer service rep. Call toll-free 8 a.m. – midnight (Eastern), 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or TTY 1-800-730-8913 for the hearing impaired
- Indicate on the FAFSA that you want your FAFSA results sent to MNU by entering MNU’s school code 007032.
- In about 2 weeks, look for your Student Aid Report (SAR) in your email. If you have not received your SAR within three weeks of application go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and select “Check Status of Submitted FAFSA.”
- Look for and respond to an instructional email from the Student Financial Services Office sent to the email address on your FAFSA.
MNU begins awarding aid approximately 30 days prior to program start. You must Accept/Decline/Modify each individually offered award online and complete all requirements listed on your Webfor (MNU Access) account.
Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
After your first term of enrollment, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to maintain your financial aid. To do so, students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) or higher and complete at least 67% of the classes they attempt. Evaluations are completed after each term.
Whether it’s time or money, we know that an MNU education will require very little investment for you with great rewards and benefits. Most of our programs are either accelerated with completion in only one year or require only a one-night-a-week commitment from you. The following chart details the cost per credit hour for each of our Graduate and Professional Studies areas as of August 2012. These prices are some of the most competitive in the Kansas City Metro area!
|Program Name||Cost per Credit Hour*|
|Accelerated Associate of Arts||$130|
|BA in Applied Organizational Leadership||$333|
|BA in Public Administration||$333|
|Master of Arts||$475|
|Master of Business Administration||$475|
|Master of Arts in Counseling||$425|
|Master of Education||$350|
|Play Therapy Certification||$270|
|Sexual Addictions Therapy Certification||$300|
*Does not include additional fees and charges. These vary on a program basis. Contact the Admissions Office for details.
Professional & Graduate Financial Aid Forms
We’re one of the only universities in the Kansas City metro that offers a tuition discount for groups of students. Group pricing for tuition in one of MNU’s professional or graduate degree programs can help you afford to earn a degree. Enroll as a group with your co-workers, friends or family members from work, school, church, or another type of organization or business.
- Group of 3-5 students = 5% off entire tuition
- Group of 6-9 students = 10% off entire tuition
- Applies only to MNU’s professional and graduate degree programs.
- May not be combined with other reductions.
- Group pricing applies only if class meets minimum enrollment level.
- Available only to groups of three or more students from the same business(es) or organization(s) that support our efforts by encouraging multiple enrollments.
FIND YOUR FUTURE. LIVE WITH PURPOSE.
Since 1966, MNU has motivated thousands of professionals to advance their careers with our quality bachelor’s and master’s programs. We offer a variety of accelerated degree completion and graduate programs that are tailored to fit your needs with our flexible scheduling options, affordable tuition, and a variety of financial aid and payment plans.
MNU appreciates the service and protection that the Military provides for us all. To demonstrate that appreciation, MNU offers a Military Tuition Program that can help active and retired military personnel reposition themselves in the working world.
MNU Military Tuition Program
- Accelerated courses in the following programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Organizational Leadership
- RN-BSN program
- Online formats
- Credit for life or work experience
- Finish in just 12 months
- $250 per credit hour for all active military members
Veterans eligible for the GI Bill, should contact the school certification officer at the campus they attend.
- Liberty, Mo., Julie Hiett (816) 407-3070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Olathe, Kan., Janell Kellum (913) 971-3624 or email@example.com.
Veterans eligible for tuition assistance should contact Marla Shank in the Cashier’s office, at (913) 971-3295 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Military Tuition Program, please see our announcement.
MNU is an SOC certified institution.
Questions? Contact us
|MidAmerica Nazarene University
Student Financial Services
Campus Center Building
2030 E College Way
Olathe, KS 66062
8:00 a.m.—5 p.m. Central
Toll Free: 1-800-800-8887