Requirements for Consideration:
- Meet all academic eligibility requirements for the ABSN program in nursing.
- Be accepted into the January 2013 ABSN program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States at the time of application for the NCIN scholarship.
- Have a previous bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Be a member of a group considered underrepresented in nursing (racial or ethnic minority and/or male), and/or
- Demonstrate significant financial need as evidenced by an annual income falling below a defined level established by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for those who are economically disadvantaged, in consultation with the FAFSA process.
- Be committed to participation in the NCIN leadership and mentorship programs within the ABSN program and provide stewardship and post-graduation follow-up (completion of surveys, etc.) to the RWJF.
- Agree to pursue professional nursing licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN®).
Attend an upcoming optional
From Finance to Nursing—Student Find…
By Melinda (Ablard ’90) Smith Read More
School of Nursing Receives 50K Grant
Scholarships support second career nurses from groups underrepresented in the profession. Read More
Prestigious Scholarships Awarded
Five accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) students have been chosen as recipients of the prestigious New Careers In Nursing (NCIN) scholarship at MNU this spring. Made… Read More