Guidelines for Residential Living
To ensure that you get the most out of your residence hall experience, the Student Development staff has created the following guidelines:
- No appliances other than microwaves, popcorn poppers, small refrigerators, pop-up toasters and hot pots are permitted in the residence halls. Many residence halls also have microwaves on each floor for use by all residents. George Foreman grills are only allowed in the apartments. Halogen lamps are not allowed on campus.
- Each residence hall has a lobby or shared lobby where students can meet to study, watch television or just hang out with friends. These lobbies are equipped with food and/or soda vending machines.
- To make your room feel more like home, you are also encouraged to personalize your room by hanging posters or pictures. However, to preserve the walls, only university-approved products may be used to hang items, namely sticky-tac.
- Since there is no storage available for university furniture, please do not bring your own bedroom furniture. We're sorry, but it will be necessary for you to send it back home. Extra furniture MUST remain in your room as well.
- Remember...no pets are allowed in the residence halls. Fluffy and Spot will have to stay home with mom and dad.
- Typically, the residence halls will close 24 hours after the last scheduled final exam. Housing is not provided over the semester break between the last day of finals and New Year's Day. Holiday Housing usually begins the first business day following New Year's. Students MUST apply for Holiday Housing and applications are available after Thanksgiving Break in the Cashier's Office. There is limited on-campus housing during the summer, available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may apply for summer housing in the Cashier's Office in April.
- Your room is equipped for telephone, cable television and Internet service.
- Wondering what to do with all that dirty laundry now that mom's no longer around? Don't worry. Every residence hall has free laundry facilities, typically located in the center of each floor or in the basement of Spindle, Draper and Colony. Draper laundry facilities are shared by Ramsey residents.