We know you want to help the students in your congregation succeed at MNU. Our matching scholarship program allows you to financially assist students from your own congregation. For every dollar you contribute to an individual student scholarship, MNU will match it, up to $500.
- MNU will match up to $500 per student, per year for scholarship gifts given by a local church on behalf of students who attend that local church on a regular basis. The definition of “regular basis” shall be determined by the local church.
- There is no minimum amount required for the Church Match Scholarship contribution (i.e., a Church Match Scholarship gift of $25 will be matched by $25). There is no maximum Church Match Scholarship contribution per student, though the University match is limited to $500 per student, annually.
- The Church Match Scholarship Program is not dependent on a local church’s level of contributions through the Church of the Nazarene educational allocation system, nor is the Church Match Scholarship Program limited to Churches of the Nazarene on the North Central Region.
- Local churches are strongly encouraged to view the Church Match program as an opportunity to assist individual student(s) in addition to the remittance of the educational allocation to the University, knowing that the educational allocation assists all students through the unfunded student financial aid program.
- Local churches that contribute through the Church Match Scholarship Program are encouraged to identify beneficiary MNU students by name in a worship service and/or church board setting. Funds for Matching Scholarships may be allocated from the local church’s regular operations, but a special offering for this purpose is strongly recommended. Requesting a public word of appreciation and/or testimony from students concerning their MNU experience is most appropriate and encouraged.
- Matching scholarship funds may be remitted to the University at any time prior to registration for fall or spring semester. MNU students whose congregations have not yet collected or allocated the matching scholarship funds at the time of registration may present a letter from their pastor indicating the local church’s intent to participate in the Church Match Scholarship Program and the designated amount. The intended amount and University match will be credited to the student’s account at the time of registration.
- All local church contributions to the Church Match program must be received by October 1 (fall semester) and/or March 1 (spring semester) or the student’s account will be adjusted for the full amount of the credited gift and match, leaving them with a balance due and payable.
- Church Match Scholarship contributions should be clearly identified for this purpose, including the name(s) of student recipients and sent to:
Office of Cashier and Student Account Services
MidAmerica Nazarene University
2030 E. College Way,
Olathe, KS 66062
If you have any questions contact us at email@example.com or 913.971.3356.
Contact Church Relations
Assistant to the President for Church Relations
Coordinator for Church Relations
Attn: Church Relations
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday