It’s likely that cost will be the determining factor standing between you and your career. We’re here to tell you that MidAmerica Nazarene University really is an option for you. We work with all of our Professional and Graduate students to help them see just how affordable MNU really is.
All students at MNU are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Most students qualify for one or more federal student loans. Veterans may have access to VA benefits and some employers offer tuition reimbursement. All of these options can make obtaining your degree at MNU more affordable than you think.
MNU School Code: 007032
Applying for Financial Aid
Start the process to obtain federal loans with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Follow these steps to complete your application.
Which Year FAFSA Do I Use?
The FAFSA you use depends on your program start date. Contact Student Financial Services at 913-971-3298 with your anticipated program and start date if you have not applied for admission when completing the FAFSA.
- You will need a Federal Personal Identification Number (PIN). Go to www.pin.ed.gov to obtain one. If you forgot your PIN, you may request a “duplicate” as well.
You will need the following information: Social Security number, Alien Registration number if not a US citizen, Federal tax returns and W-2 information, records of all income. A worksheet on the FAFSA website helps you gather this information.
- Complete the FAFSA. Be sure to use the FAFSA for the correct financial aid year. Consult your program start date information to determine which FAFSA to use or ask Student Financial Services at 913-971-3298.
Free Help Available
Online you will find “Help” buttons on every page of the FAFSA or click “Live Help” to chat with a customer service rep. Call toll-free 8 a.m. – midnight (Eastern), 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or TTY 1-800-730-8913 for the hearing impaired
- Indicate on the FAFSA that you want your FAFSA results sent to MNU by entering MNU’s school code 007032.
- In about 2 weeks, look for your Student Aid Report (SAR) in your email. If you have not received your SAR within three weeks of application go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and select “Check Status of Submitted FAFSA.”
- Look for and respond to an instructional email from the Student Financial Services Office sent to the email address on your FAFSA.
MNU begins awarding aid approximately 30 days prior to program start. You must Accept/Decline/Modify each individually offered award online and complete all requirements listed on your Webfor (MNU Access) account.
Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
After your first term of enrollment, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to maintain your financial aid. To do so, students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduate) or higher and complete at least 67% of the classes they attempt. Evaluations are completed after each term.
Contact Student Financial Aid Services
Attn: Student Financial Aid Services
Campus Center Building
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
The MNU School Code is 007032