MNU appreciates the service and protection that the Military provides for us all. We offer a Military Financial Aid Program that can help active military, veterans and their spouses reposition themselves in the working world.
Benefits of the Military Financial Aid Program at MNU include discounts and benefits to Active Duty military personnel, drilling members of the National Guard and Reserves, spouses of Active Duty military personnel and honorably discharged veterans through the GI Bill® and the Yellow Ribbon program on certain specific programs. MNU is proud to be an GI Jobs Military Friendly Institution.
Veterans eligible for the GI Bill®, should contact the school certification officer at the campus they attend.
- Liberty, MO, Julie McCubbins 816.407.3070 or email@example.com.
- Olathe, KS, Jackie Johnson 913.971.3624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MNU is an SOC certified institution.
Your Military Service
Military Financial Aid Benefits at MNU
You can qualify for Military Financial Aid Benefits* in certain specified programs at MNU. These benefits include:
- Active Duty, Reserve or National Guard personnel seeking a Professional Undergraduate Degree qualify for a $250 per credit hour tuition rate.
- Active Duty, Reserve or National Guard personnel seeking a Graduate Degree qualify for a 25% tuition discount.
- Active Duty, Reserve or National Guard personnel seeking Certificate in Play Therapy or a Certificate in Sexual Addictions Treatment qualify for a 25% tuition discount.
- Honorably discharged Veterans seeking a Professional Undergraduate Degree, Masters Degree, Certificate in Play Therapy or a Certificate in Sexual Addictions Treatment qualify for a 10% tuition discount; Unlimited Yellow Ribbon Contribution.
- Spouses of Active Duty, Reserve or National Guard personnel seeking a Professional Undergraduate Degree, Masters Degree, Certificate in Play Therapy or a Certificate in Sexual Addictions Treatment qualify for a 10% tuition discount.
Qualifying degrees include:
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN APPLIED ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN MANAGEMENT
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ELEMENTARY EDUCATION
- MASTER OF EDUCATION
- MSN/MBA DUAL DEGREE
- CERTIFICATE IN PLAY THERAPY
- CERTIFICATE IN SEXUAL ADDICTIONS TREATMENT
Please fill out our Military Verification Form today to get started at MNU!
*MNU scholarships and discounts are only available to degree seeking students. The military discount covers tuition only and cannot be combined with any other MNU scholarship or discount.
Yellow Ribbon ProgramTo receive education and training benefits under the Yellow Ribbon Program:
- You must be eligible for the maximum benefit rate (100%) under the Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- You must not be on active duty or a spouse transferee of an Active Duty member
- Your school must agree to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which MidAmerica Nazarene University proudly does!
- Your school must have not offered Yellow Ribbon to more than the maximum number of individuals stated in their participation agreement.
- Your school must certify your enrollment to VA, including Yellow Ribbon program information, if the student qualifies for the program and their tuition costs exceed the national maximum per academic year. Students in the adult program are certified with the VA on a per class basis, while students in the traditional program are certified on a semester basis.
College Credit for Your Military Service
Joint Service Transcripts (JST) is a computerized transcript system that produces official transcripts for Active Duty National Guard and Reserve service members, veterans and retired service members by combining a service member’s military education and job experience with descriptions and college credit recommendations developed by the American Council on Education (ACE). In addition to your name and SSN, the transcript contains the following information:
- Current or highest rank
- Military status (active or inactive)
- Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) held Standardized test scores
- Additional Skill Identifiers (ASI) and Skill Qualification identifiers (SQI)
- Formal military courses
- Descriptions and credit recommendations developed by ACE
To order your JST transcript, visit https://jst.doded.mil. Select MidAmerica Nazarene University in Olathe, KS from the drop-down list of institutions as the school you would like to receive your official transcripts. Transcripts will usually be sent to us within 24 hours where we can get you on your way to becoming a Pioneer!
If you have any questions or need assistance with this, please reach out to Dennis Miller, email@example.com, 913.971.3380
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062
105 N. Stewart Ct., Suite 210
Liberty, MO 64068
Student Financial Aid Services
Attn: Student Financial Aid Services
Campus Center Building
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
The MNU School Code is 007032