“I believe that my nursing practice was and still is a biblical calling. I am a teacher who has been given the great responsibility of ensuring that my students graduate feeling prepared to be compassionate and safe practicing nurses. For each life they touch, I feel that I have had some small part in that, knowing that we all are just instruments of God’s hands.”Jennifer Blanchard
Awards & Honors
- National League of Nursing member
- American Nurses Association member
- Wound Ostomy Continence Nursing Society member
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning member
- Golden Key International Honor Society, 2017
- Nationally Board Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse (CWON)
- Blanchard, J. (2015). Poetry by cancer caregivers. Lumps. Oncology Times, 37(2).
- Blanchard, J. (2013). Poetry by cancer caregivers: Canceled. Oncology Times, 35(19).
- Blanchard, J. (2017). "The simulated ostomate proposal.", American Sentinel University DNP Proposal Defense; March 2017. (oral defense)
- Blanchard, J. (2014). “The state of the science on grief and loss through social media.”; University of Missouri-Kansas City Summer Research Institute Research Day; July 2014. (poster presentation)
- Blanchard, J. & Merrick, T. (2013). “The Power of Introducing Death and Dying in a Safe Simulated Environment for First Semester BSN Students”; Johnson County Community College Healthcare Simulation Conference; September 2013. (poster presentation)
- Blanchard, J. & Bailey, J. (2007) “Wound care in the new millennium.”; Golden Valley Memorial Hospital two day conference; May 2007. (16 credit CEU Primary facilitator and speaker)