Jill Gonzalez-BravoDirector of Clinical and Field Placements
Assistant Professor of Education
EdD; Educational Leadership, 2015, Kansas State University
M.A. Curriculum and Instruction, 1999, Wichita State University
B.S. Biology Education, 1995, Kansas State University
1 Corinthians 2:14 is my favorite verse because when Christ is infused in my life he knowledge is diffused in every place. In science we learn that diffusion requires no additional energy it occurs when items move from areas of high to low concentration. However, the effectiveness of the diffusion process can be altered in three ways: increase concentration (fill up on God's word), increase the heat (our passion and love for God and others), and increase movement (service/good works).
'Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.'Jill E. Gonzalez Bravo
Awards & Honors
- Alfred Wilson Scholarship for Educational Leadership, Kansas State University, 2013
- Teacher of the Year Award Nominee, Rose Hill Middle School, 2007
- TGIF Grants Recipient, Credit Union of America, 2006.
- Fulbright Memorial Fund Teacher Fellowship to Japan, 1999.
- Distinguished Classroom Teacher Award Nomination, Alcott Academy, 1999.
- Wolf Creek Nuclear Grants for Excellence Recipient, 1998.
- Toshiba America Foundation Grant Recipient, 1998.
- Education Leadership Award, National Foundation for the Improvement of Education, 1998.
- Biomedical BRITE Project Grant Recipient, 1998
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer Fellowship, Wichita State University, 1997.
- Aerospace Education Foundation Educator Grant, $200, 1997.
- Sally Mae First Class Teacher Award Nominee, USD 259, 1997
- Peace Corps Sustainable Grant Recipient, United States Peace Corps, 1996
- Speak Life, Teachers of Vision, Fall 2011
- Whom Do We Serve, Teachers of Vision, Spring 2006
- Nine Instructional Strategies that Work Series 1-3, Grandview Christian School, 2012
- "Getting to Know the Common Core," Olathe Christian Schools, 2012
- Math Assessment Prep: Get Funky do the MON-key, Desoto USD 232 District Inservice, 2011
- Math Assessment Prep & Curriculum Mapping, Olathe Christian Schools, 2011
- Curriculum Mapping, Christ Prep Academy Inservice, 2011
- Math and Reading Assessment Preparation, Turner USD 202 Instructional Fair, 2011
- Math Assessment Preparation, Mill Creek Middle School, USD 232, 2010
- Cross Curriculum Math Games and Strategies, Magdalen Catholic School Inservice, 2007.
- Conscious Discipline in the Middle Level Classroom, USD394 District Level Inservice, 2006.
- Extended Learning Time Course Implementation, USE 394 Building Level Inservice, 2005
- iMovie in the Classroom, USD 394 District Level Inservice, 2005.
- Student Centered Learning, Kansas Association of Middle Level Educators (KAMLE) Conference, 2000.
- Take Your Professional Pursuits to Japan, KAMLE Conference, 2000.
- Misconceptions in Science, Kansas Association of Teachers of Science (KATS) Conference, 1999.
- Internet in the Classroom, Wichita Parent Resource Center for USD 259 parents and staff, 1999.
- Team Work Through Rocket Building, Kansas Space Day Presentation, 1998.
- Curiosity Takes You Everywhere, Science Plus Curriculum Reception, 1997.
- Low Cost, No Cost Science, Dominica Island-wide workshops, 1995-1997.
Involvement at MNU
- Freshman Seminar Instructor