Linda AlexanderProfessor of Teacher Education
PhD; Educational Philosophy and Foundation, 2003, University of Kansas
MA; Curriculum Instruction and Secondary Language Arts, 1993, University of Kansas
BA; Secondary English Language Arts, 1984, MidAmerica Nazarene University
Ordination for Church of the Nazarene, August 2015
Local Preaching License, Kansas City District, Church of the Nazarene
Romans 12:1-2a speaks to the creative power of Christ. Each new day begins anew and God is continually transforming us into who we were meant to be if we allow ourselves to be wholly used by God. There is a sense in the original Greek that this transforming process is a continual process not once and done as it seems in the English. That means for me, no matter what age I am, or where I am in my walk with Christ, I can always change, grow and embrace more fully Christ and all that He has in store for me. It also means when I goof up, Christ is there with forgiveness, mercy and love to begin again with me.Linda Alexander
- Alexander, L. (Fall, 2004). CHOICE: How to Evangelize Your Friends. Carved in Stone Organization. Online. (Children's curriculum)
- Alexander, L. (June, 2002). Outcomes Based Education. Didache. Online.
- Alexander, L. (Summer, 2011). To Teach is to Touch the Future: The Lasting Impact of Nazarene Teacher Educators. The Pole Project.
- Various other devotions and children’s instructional lessons for several organizations and activities.
- Curriculum Development and Assessment workshops to various groups of educators, educational administrators and community leaders in Bulgaria. February 2011.
- Effective Teachers and Leaders sub-committee report to the Kansas State Board of Education. December 2010.
- Secondary Reading Strategies and Instructional Strategies for Secondary Teachers. Nassau, Bahamas, January 2006.
- Secondary Reading Strategies. Gardner-Edgerton Professional Development In-Service Day. August 2004.
- Outcomes Based Education. Faculty Development Conference for the International Board of Education for the Church of the Nazarene at the Grove City Conference. Grove City, Ohio, June 10-16, 2001.
- Taught English Educational Methods and General Teaching Methods to Chinese Teachers of English. Changsha, China in the Hunan Province at the Changsha Teacher Education College in July 2000.
Involvement at MNU
- Writing Grants for the Teacher Education Department. Have raised $8 million thus far for the Teacher Education Department.
- This summer I co-led an educational mission trip for 12 of our MNU students. We traveled to Chuxiong, China to teach English for two weeks. The first week we taught English to over 230 high school students. The second week involved teaching English to elementary students. I was able to see and experience God working in all situations and witnessed growth in the faith of all of our MNU students.