I love the opportunity to share my interest and knowledge of economics with the students and their excitement in learning.Mary Murphy
Awards & Honors
- 1992-2003 Who’s Who in the Midwest
- 1975-1979 Fellowship and tuition waiver at the University of Rochester
- 1974 & 1975 Harold Smith Patton Award -- Outstanding Economics Major
- 1975 Waldo-Sangren Scholar Award
- 1975 Seibert Fund Research Award
- “Shifting Market Power Feeds Registered Nurse Shortage” The American Nurse, July-August 1988, p.28.
- “Shortage May Persist as Wages Rise Slowly” The American Nurse, May 1988, p.29.
- “Economist Offers Perspective on the Nurse Shortage” The American Nurse, April 1988, p.27.
- “The Importance of Sample Selection Bias in the Estimation of Medical Care Demand Equations” Eastern Economics Review, January-March1987, pp.19-29.
- “Hospital Utilization Review: Estimates of the Impact of the New York State Title XIX Utilization Review Demonstration Project” New York Utilization Review, Fall 1986.
- “Rochester -- Productivity leads to Prosperity” by Alan J. Norton and Mary Zimmerman Murphy in The Economy of New York State, edited by Stanford D. Gordon, 1987, pp.210-212.
- Book Review of Medicaid Reimbursement of Nursing-Home Care by Paul L. Grimaldi, New England Journal of Medicine, January 6, 1983, Volume 308, p.57.
- “Matrix Multiplication as an Application of Combinatorial Analysis” Pi Mu Epsilon, Volume 6, Fall 1975 (Second Prize).
Involvement at MNU
- New Faculty Development
- Graduate Council