Campus will be closed Thursday, March 10th, due to inclement weather.
Faculty & Staff
About the Program
2030 E College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Most University offices are open from 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Department Chair, Director of Bands and Music Education, Associate Professor of Music
D.M.A.; Wind Conducting, University of Kansas, 2015
M.M.; Band Conducting/Music Education, Kansas State University, 2008
B.A; Music Education, MidAmerica Nazarene University, 2003
I believe true learning takes place when we can connect with more than the intellect. It is important to approach learning holistically, including the emotional, spiritual, and physical, along with the intellectual aspect. The “why,” the “how” and the “who”, are just as important as the “what”. I see this approach encouraged here at MNU.
- Director of Bands and Music Education
- National Association for Music Education (NAfME) Chapter Sponsor
Committee on theProfessoriate, 2020-Present
Institutional Repository Committee, 2019-2020
Teacher Education Committee, 2014-Present
Admissions Academic Exceptions Committee, 2018-Present
Technology Committee, 2019–Present
Technology Fellow, 2019–Present
Provide faculty training and development on use of iPads for teaching
Facilitate music majors’ use of and implementation of iPads
- Dec. 19, 2019: Lead Presenter at The Midwest Clinic in Chicago, IL: “No Oboes? No Problem!
- Finding Artistic and Accessible Mixed Wind Chamber Repertoire for Grade IV and Below”
- July 18, 2019: Presentation at Kansas Bandmasters Association in Wichita, KS: “You’re not Crazy! Balancing Stress and Success in Music Education”
- July 19, 2018: Panel Presenter at Kansas Bandmasters Association in Wichita, KS – new works on the KSHSAA State List (My portion was on Emblems of Sacrifice by Kevin Walczyk)
- June 14, 2018: Guest Lecturer/Clinician, Graduate Conducting Class at University of Kansas
- March 2018: Presentation at College Band Directors National Association Southwest Regional Convention in Houston, TX: “Artistic yet Accessible Chamber Winds”
- Feb. 22, 2018: Presentation at KMEA Kansas State Music Convention: “Can You Hear Me Now? Improving Intonation in Your Band”