Campus will be closed Thursday, March 10th, due to inclement weather.
Faculty & Staff
About the Program
2030 E College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Most University offices are open from 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
PhD, RN, Professor of Nursing
- PhD; 2002, University of Kansas
- MS; Nursing, 1989, University of Kansas
- BSN; 1984, MidAmerica Nazarene University
The college experience seems to be such a magical time in one’s lifeline. Young adults are maturing and grappling with issues of their new journey toward independence and a professional vocational call. What a privilege it is to walk this leg of the journey with them and provide a safe haven to explore some new thoughts and ideas, professionally, personally, spiritually, etc.
- MidAmerica Nazarene University, Alumna of the Year Award 2009–2010
- Fellow, AACN Leadership for Academic Nursing Program 2009–2010
- MidAmerica Nazarene University Nurse Mentor of the Year 2008–2009
- MidAmerica Nazarene University Faculty Member of the Year 2001–2002
- University of Kansas Melba Carter Award for Dissertation of the Year in Health Promotion 2001–2002
- RN licensure State of Kansas (Multistate)
- RN licensure State of Minnesota
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- (2016) Contemplative Spirituality, Phenomenological Understanding. Poster Presentation submitted and accepted for the National Consortium for Building Healthy Communities, 3rd National Summit, University of Florida.
- Several ‘New Careers in Nursing’ grants from 1990 to 2014 (round II to round VII funding cycles)
- Honorary Doctorate Committee (2020-Current)
- We LEAD Advisory Board Member (2019-Current)
- Committee of the Professoriate (2018-2020)
- Faculty Development Committee (2017-2020)
- Academic Exception Committee; Technology in Education Committee; Global Studies Committee (2016-2017)
- Committee of the Professoriate; Global Studies Committee; Academic Exception Committee (2015-2016)
- Academic Affairs Council and Dean’s Council (2013-2016)
- Participation with MNU SONHS Faculty for the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and Kansas State Board of Nursing (KSBN) Self-Study and Site Visit Preparation for Accreditation / Approval (2011-2012)