Planned gifts provide resources that create extraordinary opportunities and preserve the future of MNU. From naming MNU as a beneficiary in your will, to a more complex trust arrangement, to life-income gifts that benefit you and your family, there are many options available.
Create an Endowment
Endowments are one of the financial pillars of a university. Rather than used for immediate needs, endowed funds are invested. The earnings on these investments then provide a reliable, ongoing source of funds for scholarships, academic programs, professorships, operations and other important areas of campus life. The MNU Foundation Board of Directors oversees the management of the endowment investment pool for the University.
Endowments also introduce a more personal element since endowed scholarships can carry a family name or can be named in honor or memory of a beloved faculty or family member, and they benefit specific students.
A family can extend its love by establishing a permanent family endowment fund at MNU that reflects the donor family both in name and ideals. A family endowment is a powerful philanthropic and stewardship tool. It can bear the family name and future donations can be made on special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries and as Christmas gifts.
Downloadable endowment resources:
To learn more about establishing an endowment, please contact Tim Keeton at 913.971.3600.
The Cornerstone Society recognizes those special individuals who have the needs of generations of MidAmerica students at heart. By including the MNU Foundation as a recipient in your estate plans, you ensure the continued Christian education of young men and women for years to come.
The Cornerstone Society lays the groundwork for the University's achievements today and in the decades ahead. It comprises alumni, parents and friends who have included the MNU Foundation in their estate plans. Gifts that qualify for membership include:
- Bequests by will or a revocable living trust
- Qualified retirement plans, which name the MNU Foundation as beneficiary
- Charitable gift annuities
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Life insurance beneficiary designations
- Gifts of farms and homes
- Other creative gift plans
Cornerstone Society Member Benefits
- The satisfaction that comes from knowing your gift makes a Christian education possible for future generations of students at MidAmerica
- An invitation to events for Cornerstone Society members
- A meaningful memento for display for your home or office, in honor of your commitment
- Inclusion of your name as a Cornerstone Society member in the MNU Foundation's Honor Roll of Donors, unless you prefer to remain anonymous.
Leave a Legacy of Love and Support for MidAmerica’s Students
By informing the MNU Foundation of your intention to make a deferred gift, you allow the University to prepare for the future and express our gratitude today. If you have already included the MNU Foundation in your charitable and estate plans, please take a moment to become a member of the Cornerstone Society today!
If you would like more information about the Cornerstone Society or how to include the MNU Foundation in your estate plans, please contact us by calling 913.971.3607 or toll free 877.496.8668 or by e-mail at email@example.com.