MNU SCHOOL CODE
MidAmerica Nazarene University
2030 East College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Mon. – Fri. 8:00am – 5:00pm
Types of Aid
FOR GRADUATE PROGRAMS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Graduate PLUS loans are federal loans that are available to Graduate students to help pay education expenses. To receive a Graduate PLUS Loan, the student must be enrolled at least half-time or greater and a FAFSA is required to be on file.
- The U.S. Department of Education is the lender.
- The borrower must have a good credit history.
- The maximum loan amount is the student’s cost of attendance, determined by the school, minus any other financial aid received.
- Local community organizations and foundations
- Employers – your employer
- Organizations related to your academic interest
- Clubs and activities
- Scholarship search sites including but not limited to:
A private loan (alternative loan) should be considered to meet out of pocket expenses only when there is no other viable federal student loan option available. Private loans are credit-based, and often require a creditworthy co-signer when borrowed in the student’s name.
MidAmerica Nazarene University cannot recommend specific lenders. Borrowers should research the market to find the best loan available for their needs. To assist in your search, we have gathered a historical list of lenders other MNU students have chosen. This list can be found at https://choice.fastproducts.org/FastChoice/home/703200/. You may use other lenders who offer private educational loans not on our list.
We encourage you to learn more about private loans before you borrow. This information can be found at http://www.finaid.org/loans/privatestudentloans.html.