Continuing Education Credits and Classes

Additional Information

Transcript and Homework Information

  • What is the homework associated with my continuing education credit?

    You will submit a reflection paper for each class. Unless otherwise stated by the session's facilitator, a template in Microsoft Word is used to walk the student through the reflection process.

    Current Homework Templates
  • If I do not submit my homework assignment within the 7 day allotment, may I turn it in late?


    MNU is required to function within the normal range of practices in higher education. Post-dating university credit is not one of those practices. In order to maintain academic integrity and ensure the quality of your experiences with MNU and its continuing education partners, it is necessary that we establish and uphold policies published. Thank you for your support. Please contact the continuing education office with questions/concerns.

    Current Homework Templates
  • How do I submit my reflection paper/homework?

    When you are ready to submit a reflection paper, you will send that document as an attachment to When MNU receives this paper, you will receive an automated message indicating it was received. Please be sure MNU messages aren't going to your SPAM folder or that MNU is not blocked by your email provider. Issues related to homework submission should be sent to the Continuing Education Office at

    Current Homework Templates
  • When do I get my grade for a course or workshop?

    After homework has been submitted to MNU via email, MNU then has 2 weeks to grade your paper and post the grade.

    During the summer months, MNU has 3 weeks to process grades due to the high volume of classes.

    You may view your student account to ensure your grade has been posted.

  • When and how do I get my transcript?

    Transcripts are requested through the National Student Clearinghouse. You must complete the online request form.

    No one can request your transcripts but you. Our offices are not able to submit your forms to the registrar on your behalf. All must be processed by you, the student. 

    Ordering Your Transcript:

    • Ensure your grades are posted before ordering your transcript.
    • When ordering EVEN if a grade is posted: select the option "After Grades Are Posted" under the section Processing Timeframe. Although your grade may be posted, there is a chance it has not completed its processing and my not show on your transcript. 

    Failure to select this option may result in a transcript being sent with a grade showing as "in process". A new transcript request would need to be completed and another fee paid to send a transcript with the grade. 

    Official transcripts are available for a cost of $10.25 through the registrar’s office. You may complete a transcript request form by following this link. Paper submissions are no longer accepted. If you have questions regarding your transcript order, please contact the Registrar's office at (913) 971-3296 or email

    On average, the registrar needs 5 business days to process a transcript request. Please take this time into account when taking classes. If you need credit by a given date due to an expiring license, you'll want to take a class early enough to ensure the paperwork can be processed in time.

    Order Transcripts

Costs, Fee and Payment Information

  • What are the guidelines for earning college credit?

    As of August 2012, the Higher Learning Commission, (HLC) determined 1 college credit requires 15 hours of seat time.

    Usually workshops and training will earn .5 credit for a daylong session (5.5 hours of seat time and a two-hour reflection assignment, totaling 7.5 hours). Traditional college-level course work will earn a pre-determined number of credit hours. This is identified by the institution offering the course at the time of enrollment.

  • What is the price for continuing education credit?

    This depends on the organization with whom you've contracted for the workshop, class, training, etc. Contact the organization to determine costs.

  • How do I pay for my credit?

    Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Discover debit and credit cards are accepted for payment when you register.

    Payment is given upon registration through a secure online provider called TouchNet. Once payment is submitted, a receipt is sent via email from TouchNet through Issues related to payment should be sent to Herb Albertson,

    If you have logged into the MNU portal and see a "cashier hold" when trying to access your grades or account information, this means your payment hasn't been posted to your student account.  You may access your student account and make your payment.

  • How do I request a refund?

    A continuing education client may request a refund before the continuing education course grade is posted. An administrative fee of $15 will be deducted from the refund. To request a refund, please send the following information via email to with the following information:

    • Client name and address
    • Name of continuing education course, including course number (CRN)
    • Date of the course/workshop
    • Reason for requesting refund
  • What if I have an unresolved fee balance?

    Any continuing education student with an unresolved fee balance will not be able to enroll in additional continuing education courses until the outstanding balance has been resolved. Please contact the Cashier's Office if you have an unresolved fee balance by calling 913.971.3504.

  • How do I access my 1098T Student Tax Form?

    1098-T’s are available by January 31. Our Cashier's Office has detailed information about accessing your 1098T Student Tax Form.

Teaching Methods

In our teacher continuing education programs, our instructors enhance their lessons with podcasts, vodcasts, social networking, wikis and other electronic delivery technology. Students also engage in real-time webcasts with instructors throughout the program using virtual collaboration tools like Adobe Connect, allowing for asynchronized and synchronized learning each week.


Kansas Department of Education; CAEP: Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation. The University is authorized to offer associate’s degrees in all fields, bachelor’s degrees in all fields, and master’s degrees in the fields of Administration/Leadership, Business, Counseling, Education, Nursing and Religion. The University accreditation is through the Higher Learning Commission.