The MNU Clinical Mentoring Team ensures student achievement, both now and in the future, through partnerships committed to:
- modeling & teaching
- engaging learners
- collaborating for excellence
- striving for equity, and inquiry
- reflection & innovation
Clinical Mentor Team (CMT) members are site-based teacher educators who play an essential role in the development of future teachers. Mentors facilitate real-world application of knowledge gained during candidates’ preparation at MNU.
If you would like to become a part of our Clinical Mentoring Team, please contact Jill Gonzalez-Bravo, email@example.com, 913-971-3548.
Benefits to Mentoring
- Access to free Customized Training
- Complimentary use of resources in the MNU's Center for Games and Learning.
- Opportunities to attend professional development events both on campus and in area schools.
- 50% off all continuing education costs. Discount applied to credits earned during the academic year of service.
- Ability to shape future teacher leaders.
Resources for Clinical Mentors
- Practicum Handbook [Google document]
- Practicum Mentor Training [YouTube video]
- How to use Taskstream as a Practicum Evaluator [PDF]
- Student Teaching Handbook [Google document]
- Student Teacher Mentor Training [Google document]
- How to use Taskstream as a Student Teacher Evaluator [PDF]