- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0* or above for all undergraduate coursework, or minimum GPA of 3.2 in the last 30 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary course work.
- Writing assessment.
- Three professional and/or academic (non-family member) recommendations.
- One half-day of comprehensive interviews with graduate faculty after all other admission requirements have been met.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must have a score of 600 or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
* Students with lower GPA are eligible for admission but will be placed on an academic probationary period if accepted.
Admission and Application Process
Application and interviews for the Master of Arts in Counseling program occurs twice a year. The number of students accepted is limited, so please don't wait until the last minute to fill out your application.
Earlybird deadline: February 1, 2018
Standard deadline: April 1, 2018
Extended deadline: May 15, 2018, for Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling tracks only
Classes Starting in Olathe: August 2018