Visiting Lecturer of Theology
Ordained Elder, Church of the Nazarene
BA; InterCultural Studies, 2010, MidAmerica Nazarene University
MA; Theology, 2013, University of Manchester
PhD (candidate); Theology, 2018 (expected), University of Manchester
“I love the opportunity to help students discover the existential questions deep within their minds and then to engage these questions in the context of Christian community. Like Israel, it's in wrestling with God that we discover who we are.”
Awards & Honors
- MA with Distinction, University of Manchester
- Phi Delta Lambda Honor Society
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- “The Beauty of Holiness: Changing our Rhetoric,” in Renovating Holiness. Edited by Josh Broward and Thomas Jay Oord. Nampa: SacraSage Press, 2015.
- “Jurgen Moltmann’s Doctrine of Divine Action: Towards a More Integrative Approach to His Doctrine of Creation,” Wesleyan Theological Journal (Fall 2014).
- “Salvation,” in Basic Beliefs: A Wesleyan Paradigm. Edited by Diane Leclerc and Mark Maddix. Kansas City: Beacon Hill, 2015.
- Lett, Jacob. "Divine Receptivity as the Foundation for Trinitarian Pro-Existence in Hans Urs Von Balthasar." Presented at Manchester Research Seminar. Manchester, England. June 22, 2015.
- Lett, Jacob. “History of Christianity in China.” Presented at Kingdom Partners’ banquet. Olathe, KS. April 30, 2015.
- Lett, Jacob. “Presenting the Case for the Nazarene Stance on Alcohol in Today’s Culture.” Presented at M15. Kansas City, MO. February 10, 2015.