Food & Lifestyle
Kansas City is famous for barbeque and the list of favorite restaurants is long! We also enjoy casual dining, food trucks, fine dining, sandwich shops and coffee shops.
Our region’s museums and historic sites will give you a glimpse into both the finer things in life as well and the hardships encountered in the Civil War, World War I and the life of the pioneers.
When it comes to Kansas City’s famous foods, they are known for their barbecue. We have one of Kansas City’s most iconic spots right here in Olathe, KC Joe’s. Kansas City is also home to an assortment of fine dining and great spots to get a variety of options.
Kansas City may have started as a “cowtown” where the Santa Fe, California and Oregon Trails converge, but today we have all a large city can offer. Here you’ll find interesting and diverse neighborhoods, an arts district, theaters, ballet, the symphony, the American Royal, pro sports, historic sites, and so much more.
- Thou Mayest
- The Roasterie
- Parisi Artisan Coffee
- Post Coffee Co.
- Black Dog Coffeehouse
Kansas City Sports Teams
- FC Kansas City (Women’s Soccer)
- Kansas City T-Bones (American Association of Independent Professional Baseball)
- Missouri Mavericks (Central Hockey League)
- Kansas City Storm (United Women’s Football Association)
- Missouri Comets (Major Indoor Soccer League)
- Kansas City Blues (USA Rugby Division I)
- Kansas City Rogues (USA Rugby Division III)