CLEP Exam Program
The CLEP exam allows MNU students to earn credit in many General Education and elective courses for their respective degrees by simply passing the appropriate test.
At MNU there are a few prerequisite courses for which you have the option to demonstrate proficiency by passing a CLEP exam. Categories for CLEP exams include History & Social Sciences, Composition & Literature, Science & Mathematics, Business, World Languages.
Eligible courses for CLEP exam exemption include Lifespan Development, College Algebra, English Composition I, Chemistry and Biology. Our admissions staff can work with you if you'd like to utilize a CLEP exam option.
CLEP test preparation
- Go to http://clep.collegeboard.org/exam for more information on CLEP exams.
- MNU offers CLEP tests on demand. Please contact the MNU's Academic Success Center, 913.971.3387 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information on scheduling your exam at MNU.
- You may take CLEP tests anywhere the test is administered—not just at MNU. You'll just need to enter MNU as the destination for your results. MNU’s CLEP code is 6437. CLEP results take a few weeks to be sent.
Registering for a CLEP exam
- Find out the CLEP policy for your academic area
Each academic area at MidAmerica Nazarene University sets its own policy regarding which CLEP exams it will grant credit for and how many credits it will award. Contact your academic adviser to learn more about the CLEP policy in your academic area at MNU.
- Create a CLEP account
You can manage your personal account through the CLEP registration portal. The registration platform will allow you to register for a CLEP exam 24/7, manage your personal information any time prior to taking the exam, select your score recipient institution, and purchase study materials.
- Go to: clep.collegeboard.org
- Complete all required fields
- MNU’s CLEP location number is 6437
- Submit the $85 payment for each exam
- Print the payment receipt. You will not be allowed to test without a copy of the receipt.
- Schedule your test
After you register for an exam, it is important that you contact the test center at least 2 days in advance of the test date to schedule your appointment. Registering for an exam provides you with a payment receipt and a Ticket ID.
- Bring to your exam:
- Exam payment receipt
- Government issued photo identification
- $20 exam administration fee, payable with check or credit card
Accommodations for students with disabilities
If you have a learning or physical disability that would prevent you from taking a CLEP exam under standard conditions, you may request accommodations from the Academic Success Center. Contact us 5 days in advance of your exam date to make the necessary arrangements, submit documentation and receive approval of accommodations.
Post-CLEP exam steps
- Immediately after testing you will see your score.
- The first step is to ensure that you have requested your Official CLEP Scores to be sent to MNU. MNU’s CLEP code is 6437. Remember, CLEP results take a few weeks to be sent.
- Once your results are received, the registrar’s office will send you a letter of eligibility. With a score of 50 or better on the CLEP test, you will be eligible for 3 hours of credit.
- The letter will have further instructions on how either to apply those credit hours to your student record at MNU or waive the requirement entirely.
If you have questions about CLEP exams, please contact the Academic Success Center, 913.971.3387 or email@example.com.