Open House for Adult and Graduate Degree Programs
| by MNU News email@example.com
MidAmerica Nazarene is holding an open house for its undergraduate and graduate accelerated degree programs for working adults, on Wednesday, February 10, from 5:30-7:30 p.m., at the Bell Cultural Events Center. The public is invited to attend to learn how MNU’s one-night-a-week, accelerated format allows students to complete a bachelor’s degree in as little as one year if they have at least two years of college. Graduate programs that will be represented range from MBA, to Master of Education, to Master of Arts in Counseling and Master of Science in Nursing.
Representatives will be available to answer questions and advise potential students on the steps necessary to apply for admission. Currently MNU offers the following accelerated programs:
- B.A. in Public Administration –14 months
- B.A. in Management and Human Relations–1 year
- MBA–2 years
- Master of Arts in Organizational Administration –1 year
- RN –BSN –1 year
- MSN –1 year
- M.Ed. in professional teaching, technology-enhanced teaching or ESOL
- Certificate in Play Therapy –1 year
- Master of Arts in Counseling: mental health, school counselor, marriage and family therapy or pastoral counseling–25 months
Four accelerated programs at MNU, The B.A. in Public Administration, B.A. in Management and Human Relations, MBA and M.A. in Organizational Administration, are currently offering a limited-time waiver of their registration fees that will save students between $75 and $100. Open house attendees can utilize the waiver for enrollment through February 26. Details are available at the event.
In addition to offering cost savings, the university has recently changed requirements for admissions. “We’ve been providing uniquely formatted graduate degree and adult degree programs for more than 20 years now, and we recently changed our requirements based on feedback,” says Michael Johnson, director of communications. “Our bachelor’s completion degrees are now a better fit for more people.”
The Associate of Arts degree program now allows qualified students at age 21, rather than 23. The B.A. in Management in Human Relations now allows qualified students at age 23, rather than 25. The B.A. in Public Relations now allows qualified students at age 21, rather than 23, and the transferrable hours needed was reduced to 44.
MNU has offered its accelerated programs since 1987. For more information about programs or the Open House, please call Kevin Mokhtarian at (913)971-3436.
MidAmerica Nazarene University, founded in 1966, is a private, liberal arts university offering more than 40 undergraduate degrees and adult degree completion, as well as five professional graduate degrees in business, education, and counseling, and a post-graduate certificate in play therapy. MNU is located on a 105-acre campus in Olathe, Kan., and operates a location in Liberty, Mo., for adult and graduate programs. MNU is the home to Bell Cultural Events Center, Olathe’s premiere venue for fine arts performances.
General Information: www.mnu.edu
- MNU enrolled more than 1,750 students last fall.
- Although more than 33% of MNU students are of the Nazarene denomination, more than 30 other denominations are represented in the student body.
- MNU has offered innovative, accelerated adult degree completion and graduate programs for more than 20 years.
- MNU grants approximately 20 Associate of Arts degrees and more than 400 bachelor’s and graduate degrees yearly.
- The yearly economic impact of the University is more than $50 million, not including expenditures by students and campus visitors.