Today is MNU Giving Tuesday
| by MNU News email@example.com
Today is Giving Tuesday, the global day of giving fueled by social media and the collective support of millions. MNU’s goal is to reach 500 donations today and here’s how you can participate. All funds raised through MNU Giving Tuesday will be designated for one of the following special projects chosen by the donor.
- Aquaponics Lab – Aquaponics joins aquaculture and hydroponics, raising fish and plants together, to create a sustainable food source. An aquaponics system at MNU will educate students about sustainable food production by growing food in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Student Scholarships – University Fund gifts designated for scholarships help bridge the gap between the cost of a college education and what our students can afford. More than 95 percent of our traditional undergraduate students rely on scholarships to attend MNU.
- Nursing Faculty Scholarships – nursing and health science professors must be current in both their discipline and in methods of education. Gifts will support national conference attendance for our School of Nursing and Health Science, ensuring MNU students will be taught the newest evidence-based content and techniques.
- LQVE: Passion to Serve Project – Donations will continue support for the Cascade Pichon Community School in Haiti by providing much-needed teacher stipends and leadership training, as well as stipends for local Haitian nurses in some of the most remote areas of the country. Gifts will also launch an educational program for new Haitian entrepreneurs called MUSO (Mutual Solidarity), including training in micro-finances, credit management and accounting.
- SPGS Lending Library – Many of our School of Professional and Graduate Studies (SPGS) students find it difficult to purchase textbooks while balancing other financial responsibilities. Expansion of the lending library will help multiple students because the books can be shared again and again!
- Athletics Post-Season Travel –- MNU is blessed with talented athletics teams that compete at the highest levels in post-season tournaments. This honor brings additional expenses for travel, meals and lodging. Gifts will support post-season travel expenses, ensuring MNU athletes can continue to compete at the highest levels.
To participate in MNU Giving Tuesday, click on mnu.edu/givingtuesday.