Tour OKC Museum of Art with MNU Professors July 22-23
| by MNU News firstname.lastname@example.org
See one of the world's largest private collections of rare biblical texts and artifacts on July 22-23 with MNU Christian Ministry and formation professors Drs. Randy Cloud and Jim Edlin. "Passages," the worldwide traveling exhibition featuring a portion of The Green Collection (of Hobby Lobby president Steve Green), has set the scholarly and religious worlds ablaze. The interactive exhibition premiered at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art in May.
The Passages exhibit contains many rare antiquities: some of the earliest printed Bibles, thousands of cuneiform tablets, biblical papyri, early texts of classical works, medieval codices, select Hebrew manuscripts, the second largest holding of Dead Sea Scrolls, one of the earliest fragments of the book of Genesis, and one of the world's earliest-known, near-complete Bibles, which includes the only surviving New Testament text in Jesus' household language of Palestinian Aramaic.
Visitors to "Passages" will interact with exciting Bible discoveries through multimedia and historical settings including an ancient synagogue and a modern excavation site.
- Transportation by van from the Olathe and Wichita areas to Oklahoma City will be provided by MNU for approximately $10-20 per person.
- Depart from MNU at 3 p.m. Arrive at Wichita First Church of the Nazarene at 6 p.m. Depart Wichita by 6:30 p.m. Arrive in Oklahoma City by 10 p.m.
- Accommodations at Southern Nazarene University dorm housing: $10 - provide own linens or $25 - with linens.
- Museum tour: $18 per person group price.
- Depart OKC 2 p.m. Arrive Wichita 5 p.m. Arrive Olathe at MNU 9 p.m.
If you want to join this unique tour, please email Dr. Randy Cloud at email@example.com.