Week of Scholarship Scheduled For April 4-8
| by MNU News email@example.com
Next month MNU’s third annual Week of Scholarship, April 4 through 8, 2016, kicks off with what has become a favorite event. The fast-paced 7x7 Challenge is a series of seven-minute presentations by seven eminent faculty members Tuesday, April 5 at 7:07 p.m., in Bell Cultural Events Center. Topics vary from creativity to cultural competency to entrepreneurship. This year’s presenters are:
- Dr. Donna Bohn Syncing the Samba
- Dr. Donald Dunn Leadership vs. Management
- Dr. Dean Flemming Rethinking the Rapture
- Dr. Neil Friesland Access to Higher Ed. for Developmentally Disabled
- Dr. Victoria Haynes The Road to Cultural Competency
- Dr. Bob Humphrey Entrepreneurial Experience
- Dr. Brent Moore The Intersection of Creativity and Vulnerability
The audience chooses the winner of the Challenge and the winner is awarded the “Golden Brain.”
Other events in the week that highlight student and faculty achievement at MNU include Student and Faculty Research Exhibitions, and a Student Scholarship Showcase. The public is encouraged to attend Week of Scholarship and all events except President's Honors are free of charge.
The Week of Scholarship culminates with the President's Honors Gala, MNU's premier fundraising event to benefit student scholarships, April 8 at 6:30 p.m. in Cook Center. Through generous donations, alumni and friends of the university show their support for student scholarships and academic achievement. In the past four years, nearly $2 million has been raised through the Gala. This event sells out each year and tickets are available now. Visit https://connect.mnu.edu/presidents_honors to secure tickets.