clubs & groups
Student Diversity Council
The Student Diversity Council (SDC) is a group of diverse, young, passionate students who want to “be the change” and make a difference on campus and in the surrounding community by promoting appreciation and awareness of the variety of cultures at MNU. The SDC is an official council under Associated Student Government and holds annual elections for student leadership positions. These positions include:
- Finance Chair
- Student Ministries Chair
- Events Chair
- Publicity Chair
The SDC hosts several events throughout the year to promote diversity and inclusion and we need your help!
If you are interested in joining the Student Diversity Council, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Diversity and Cultural Enrichment Activities and Groups at MNU
- Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) – a group of diverse faculty and staff that provide leadership and a voice to our diverse MNU community empowering students, staff, and faculty to embrace cultural differences. The DAC offers resources to support academic, spiritual, and interpersonal development in addition to improving policies related to diversity as well as planning educational events to engage our diverse campus.
- International Student Community – whose main goal is to create awareness of the different international students and their distinct cultures through international food and culture events on campus.
- Campus Service Groups – serving people in Olathe and Greater Kansas City, along with international mission trips, giving students immersive cultural experiences in under-served communities.
- Monthly Multicultural Trivia – monthly trivia time in the Campus Center to engage students in education related to diverse topics. It’s fun, there is always a prize, and everyone gets to participate and learn.
- Monthly Pioneer Diversity Newsletter – a monthly email newsletter discussing important topics related to diversity and highlighting diverse students on campus. MNU events, local events and educational seminars related to diversity and inclusion are featured. Please be sure to check for this email every month and refer a student you think would be good to highlight. We also welcome and encourage content suggestions for the newsletter.
- CommUnity Days – there will be several workshops and events held on CommUnity Days (Wednesdays) related to diversity and cultural understanding to help build community. Several of the topics will focus on racial reconciliation and provide opportunities to listen, learn, and grow as brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Race & Faith Growing Chapels – There will be a Thursday Growing Chapel each semester focusing on race and faith. Each will be followed by six weeks of small groups that will provide opportunities to continue conversations on racial reconciliation and building community.
- Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration – Every year during MLK week, we celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and recognize students and community leaders that exemplify Dr. King’s legacy. The week begins with a Tuesday chapel celebration and includes educational events and a panel discussion with our campus community and our past/current MLK Living Legacy Award recipients.
For more information regarding diversity at MNU please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.