New Student Orientation (NSO)
MidAmerica Nazarene University is excited to welcome all incoming first-time freshmen students to our Fall 2020 New Student Orientation [NSO]. On Friday, August 21, 2020 residence halls will open at 6 p.m. for new freshman to move into your assigned rooms.
August 21-23, 2020
- Orientation includes informational, academic and social activities that will maximize the success of your transition into the MNU community.
- At 6 p.m. Friday, August 21, Residence Hall move-in begins.
- At 10:30 a.m. Saturday, August 22, Legacy Family Brunch is an opportunity for the Office of Alumni Relations to recognize new students beginning at MNU this year who have a family legacy as Pioneers. This lunch is by invitation to students and families whose parents or grandparents attended MNU. Contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 913.971.3275 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register for this event if your legacy student will begin this year at MNU.
- At 4 p.m. Saturday, August 22 all-new first-time freshmen students and parents will gather in the Bell Center Auditorium, to kick off our NSO activities.
Required for All First-Time MNU Students
Because we value our new Pioneers and want to do all we can to help you connect with the MNU experience, we do require all incoming first-time freshmen students to participate in NSO. You will gain a better understanding of what MNU and the surrounding Olathe community has to offer and make new friends, too. NSO is designed to “orient” you to the MNU experience – you don’t want to miss it!
Your NSO and Freshmen Seminar experience are staples of the MNU experience. We are sure you’ll make memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. We can’t wait for you to come be a part of MNU. This is where it starts!
For Incoming First-Time Freshmen
NSO is a required orientation program to welcome incoming first-time freshmen students. We know that when you arrive on campus you have many questions. NSO is designed to help you be successful, get involved, and give you the opportunity to connect with other students, faculty and staff.
Parents are invited to join in the activities during the first two days. The events of these two days will help you know more about community life at MNU.
Dorms will open at 6 p.m. on Friday, August 16 so you have plenty of time to settle into your new home before the first NSO activity at 3 p.m. on Saturday, August 17.
What to do before NSO
- Complete your Admissions Checklist
- Then it's time to start packing and get ready to become a PIONEER!
NSO is a required orientation program to welcome incoming first-time freshmen students. It is designed to answer questions, develop successful starts, get students involved, and give them opportunities to connect with other students, faculty and staff.
Parents and families are invited to join in the activities during the first two days. However, we'll need you to register. These events will help you learn about community life at MNU.
Residence halls will open at 6 p.m. on Friday, August 16 so you have plenty of time to settle your student into their new home before the first NSO activity at 3 p.m. on Saturday, August 17.
What to do before NSO