New Student Orientation (NSO)
MidAmerica Nazarene University is excited to welcome all incoming first-time freshmen students to our Fall 2020 New Student Orientation [NSO]. On Friday, August 21, 2020 residence halls will open at 5 p.m. for new freshman to move into your assigned rooms in two groups.
Students should schedule with their roommates to determine if they want to move in with Group A at 5 p.m. or Group B at 7:15 p.m. This assists with social distancing in the rooms and halls.
August 21-23, 2020
- Orientation includes informational, academic and social activities that will maximize the success of your transition into the MNU community.
- At 5 p.m., Friday, August 21, Residence Hall move-in begins for Group A.
- There will be no parent orientation events other than move-in and the Community Blessing due to COVID-19 precautions.
- At 7:15 p.m., Friday, August 21, Residence Hall move-in begins for Group B.
- See the downloadable schedule for all other activities.
- Remember masks are required on campus.
Required for All First-Time MNU Students
Because we value our new Pioneers and want to do all we can to help you connect with the MNU experience, we do require all incoming first-time freshmen students to participate in NSO. You will gain a better understanding of what MNU and the surrounding Olathe community has to offer and make new friends, too. NSO is designed to “orient” you to the MNU experience – you don’t want to miss it!
Your NSO and Freshmen Seminar experience are staples of the MNU experience. We are sure you’ll make memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. We can’t wait for you to come be a part of MNU. This is where it starts!
For Incoming First-Time Freshmen
NSO is a required orientation program to welcome incoming first-time freshmen students. We know that when you arrive on campus you have many questions. NSO is designed to help you be successful, get involved, and give you the opportunity to connect with other students, faculty and staff.
Plans have been modified in light of COVID-19. Each student must have no more than 2 guest to help them move in. After move-in, parents will depart campus. Every student should work with his/her assigned roommate to stagger their arrival times. This will prevent the two parties from having to occupy the same small space as they work to settle their students into their new MNU home. Each resident should have received an e-mail from the University detailing who their roommate will be and providing contact information for that person. If you do not have this information, please contact the Student Development office (913.971.3297).
What to do before NSO
- Complete your Admissions Checklist
- Then it's time to start packing and get ready to become a PIONEER!