Scholarship Challenge | Nov. 15-16, 2019
MNU will be giving out $100,000 in scholarship money. Students are selected for the honors program and awarded scholarship monies based on their placement at the event.
Eligible students must have a minimum 3.5 GPA and a 27 ACT or a 1200 SAT score and be high school seniors intending to enroll full-time for the fall 2020 semester. Only 35 spots are available for the event.
Registration deadline: November 8, 2019.
How to Register
You need to submit:
- Cumulative high school GPA
- Composite ACT score or SAT score
- 250 word response to the following prompts:
- What are some personal and professional goals you would like to accomplish during your life? Why?
- Please list all service and/or leadership opportunities in which you participated during your high school years.
Remember, registration materials are not needed all at once to begin your registration.
All registration materials are due by November 8 at 11:59pm.
During this weekend you'll...
- Be interviewed by MNU faculty members
- Meet your future classmates
- Enjoy a banquet dinner on campus
- Experience campus life with a night in our dorms
- Learn about some of the amazing research our faculty and students are doing with NASA and the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Meet our current students and see what it's like to be a Pioneer
High-achieving high school seniors, graduating in the Spring of 2020.
Selection of scholarship recipients will be based on rankings within these criteria:
- ACT composite score
- Cumulative GPA
- Online questionnaire
- Face-to-face group interviews at the event
The first day you may dress in casual attire. Students will be expected to wear business professional attire for their interview.
Housing will be provided for students only. Each student is expected to stay on campus Friday night. Please bring a sleeping bag and pillow. Students will be hosted by our current students and will stay in our dorms.
An overnight stay is strongly encouraged in order to experience all that MNU has to offer. Exceptions may be made for unavoidable circumstances.
Yes, all students are expected to stay overnight.
Yes! Parents are strongly encouraged to attend the Friday night dinner and student panel. Saturday, there will be no programming for parents. We would also recommend parents check out what Kansas City has to offer. Parents will need to book their own lodging. There are several hotel options around MNU.
There is no charge for this event. All of the food and lodging for students will be covered.
All students who attend Scholarship Challenge, and who are admitted to the university, will receive a $1,000 renewable scholarship each year they attend MNU for participating.
The Scholarship Challenge event will begin on Friday, November 15, 2019. Detailed schedule coming soon.
Once you submit the online application for this event, your preparations are complete.
We will announce the winners approximately 10 days after the event. All recipients will receive a letter from the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer, Dr. Nancy Damron, with the results.
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA to remain eligible for renewal each year.
- Top 25 placements will participate in the MNU Honors Program and be expected to meet at guidelines of that program.
All scholarships will be added to each student’s financial aid award.