Behavioral Sciences Overview
The Department of Behavioral Science focuses on understanding human behavior, mental processes, social functioning and the institutional structures of society.
Statement of Purpose
The Department of Behavioral Sciences educates and develops students to be competent in academic disciplines focused on understanding human behavior, mental processes, social functioning and the institutional structures of society. Specifically, we seek to produce life-long learners who:
- Have a firm grasp of the knowledge base, methods of inquiry, and scientific developments within particular academic disciplines (major).
- Are competent to pursue a career and/or graduate studies within a broad range of cultural and institutional contexts.
- Are capable of discussing their discipline from a Christian faith perspective; able to clearly articulate relevant points of engagement between their faith and learning.
- Grasp a clear vision of service to humanity through participation in their academic discipline.
- Embrace the multicultural and multiethnic diversity of our nation and world specifically as it impacts learning and practice in their chosen field of study.