Business Administration Overview
The Department of Business Administration focuses on general management and business principles as well as problem solving, working with people, assembling a team, creating and delivering presentations and communication skills. We strive to be a part of a transformative University that nurtures Christ-like community, purses academic excellence and cultivates a passion to serve. MNU also offers Degree-Completion and Graduate Degrees in this area.
Statement of Purpose
The mission of the Department of Business Administration at MidAmerica Nazarene University is to help students identify life’s call and to equip them to become leaders who can transform the marketplace through the application of Christian values. The department’s programs are designed with the following goals in mind:
- To support the Christian mission of MidAmerica Nazarene University by fostering the development of sound Christian ethical practices and leadership skills which students can integrate into their professional and personal lives, by honoring the dignity and worth of all individuals and by encouraging diversity within our faculty and student body.
- To support the general education program of MidAmerica Nazarene University and thereby further develop all MNU students through class offerings in the field of Economics.
- To support the educational mission of MidAmerica Nazarene University by offering academically challenging fields of preparation in Accounting, Business Administration, Business Psychology, Leadership, Marketing, and Sports Management.
- To facilitate the development of broadly educated individuals with specific skills in: problem solving, the use of business technology, delivering business presentations, business writing, teamwork, leadership, working in multicultural environments, and adapting to change.
- To meet the needs of our stakeholders by encouraging student and faculty involvement with the church, employers and community.