CHEMISTRY is the "central science"–bridging the physical sciences and life sciences. It is the study of the properties, behavior, and changes of matter.
About the Program
As a chemistry student at MNU, you’ll investigate how molecules form and react, and apply that knowledge to areas such as biochemistry, forensics, inorganic chemistry, and analytical chemistry. This curriculum gives you excellent preparation for graduate study or medical school.
WE EQUIP YOU
Small lab sizes ensure that you have plenty of opportunity to conduct hands-on experiments and gain experience with lab technology and techniques—beginning your freshman year!
Our chemistry labs are equipped with many standard instruments used in research and industry, including:
- gas chromatograph
- high performance liquid chromatograph
- nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometers
- infrared spectrometers
- ultraviolet spectrometers
- atomic absorption spectrometers
- laser lab built for Raman spectroscopy
Your junior or senior year, you will participate in our challenging research program, expanding you knowledge of scientific practice and making you a competitive candidate for graduate school or medical school.
A number of scholarships and awards are available to chemistry students including:
- Charles K. Morrow Memorial Scholarship
- Earl Thomas Memorial Scholarship
- Evelyn Yoesel Memorial Scholarship
- Elsie M. O’Connell Memorial Scholarship
- Denny Apple Memorial Scholarship
- Sterling House Scholarship
- Science Pioneer Award/Scholarship
- Freshman Chemistry Award
- Organic Chemistry Award
- Outstanding Senior Chemistry Major