ELEMENTARY EDUCATION prepares you to teach diverse students with care and concern for each child. Our innovative enhanced approach prepares you to meet kids where they are and where they will be going .
About the Program
“There’s something different about MNU teachers,” is something we hear a lot about our graduates. We think it’s equal parts preparation and quality students! Our education programs prepare you to teach and motivate students with innovative techniques and the latest technology. You’ll love opportunities like international student teaching, networking through Educators Rising, and dynamic field experiences prior to student teaching.
At MNU, we intentionally integrate faith into the classroom and it could not be more important than in a program like education where graduates impact young lives and our country's future.
Our students have access to the best teacher mentors in the field. Through our Clinical Mentoring Team (CMT)—a teaching excellence team—we provide cooperating teachers who have both amazing classroom expertise and coaching abilities.
While you’re here, you can join the Educators Rising program, for great networking opportunities as well as training and preparation for the job search. Based on your academic achievements, you can also participate in our chapters of the Gamma Chi and Pi Lambda Theta honor societies. And students of color interested in becoming teachers can be considered for our RISE program. Through RISE [Reach, Inspire, Support future Educators] talented students of color are introduced to prospective employers in the field of education for the purpose of clinical placements and mentorship.
YOU SHOULD KNOW
- We are accredited by CAEP
- There is a separate application and admission process
- Recent graduates scored a 93% pass rate for their content areas of the PRAXIS exam
- Our courses include bridge courses, allowing students to begin graduate level work in special education, technology, and English language learning (ELL)
- As a graduate, you will complete all Kansas requirements for teacher certification. Our faculty will also help you find out how to become certified in other states, and many are similar to Kansas requirements.
Apply with Confidence!
MNU is a TEACH Kansas City partner school so you benefit! Sign up for a free TEACH Kansas City account to apply to our program like a pro. Features:
- Interactive application checklist to keep you on track.
- $100 fee reimbursements towards applications and testing expenses.
- 1-on-1 expert advice for any question along the way.
- How-to-guides for eligibility, applications, testing and finances.