ENGINEERING is the application of science and math to real world problems.
About the Program
The Engineering Dual Degree program gives you many choices. For three years you'll major in physics or chemistry, and then transfer to our Engineering partner school, Washington University in St. Louis (WashU). At MNU you'll complete all the general education requirements and required courses for your chosen major. You'll then transfer to WashU and complete the required sequence of engineering courses in two years for a bachelor's degree (3+2) OR three years for a bachelor's AND a master's (3+3). Put simply, you can graduate with two bachelor's degrees OR a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, making you more marketable in the workforce.
WE EQUIP YOU
The benefit of starting at MNU means that you'll be a "liberally educated engineer," combining your strong technical education with a background in communication and problem-solving skills, humanities and social sciences. All these skills translate to teamwork savvy in the workplace.
Advantages of an engineering dual degree
- Complete multiple degrees in an accelerated timeframe
- Pursue other academic, athletic, or extracurricular interests while at MNU
- Take advantage of the supportive, personalized environment at MNU, to develop the skills and confidence needed for success in engineering
- Acquire scientific problem-solving skills necessary to be effective in today's technologically oriented society
- 95% of WashU students graduate
- Students in the Engineering Dual-Degree program get 50-60% off tuition at WashU
J-Term (January Intensive Program)
While at MNU, you can participate in WashU's J-Term where you'll explore engineering, WashU and St. Louis before fully committing to the program. You'll complete a special, intensive course in a concentrated 11-day format from late December to early January, over the Christmas break during your Junior year, shortly before you apply for the program. Registration is required.
Requirements for WashU admittance
- Complete 90 credits at MNU, including all general education courses
- 3.25 Minimum GPA
- Letter of recomendation from MNU