MNU Arts & Humanities department offers two scholarship opportunities: Music and Theatre. Music major scholarships and/or music ensemble participation scholarships are available to exceptional students who complete the Music Scholarship Application Form and perform a successful audition. Theatre major scholarships are available to exceptional students who complete the Theatre Scholarship Application Form and perform a successful audition.
The audition experience is an opportunity for prospective students and their families to:
- Demonstrate the level of musical/theatrical skill in the prospective student’s major (and possibly secondary) performance area.
- Visit the Arts and Humanities department and learn about the specific music programs and ensembles and theater productions.
- Meet faculty and current students.
- Tour the campus and performing arts facilities.
- Friday, November 1, 2019, 4:00-6:00pm
- Monday, January 20, 2020, 3:00-5:00pm
- Saturday, February 15, 2020, 10:00am–12:00pm
- Monday, March 23, 2020, 4:30-6:30pm
- Monday, April 6, 2020, 4:30-6:30pm
- Friday, April 17, 2020, 4:00-6:00pm
- Friday, April 24, 2020, 4:30-6:30pm
- Saturday, April 25, 2020, 1:00-3:00pm
Prospective students must complete the Music Scholarship Application Form or Theatre Scholarship Application Form at least 2 weeks prior to the requested audition. For further questions contact the Department of Arts and Humanities at 913.971.3441 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music Audition Requirements
- Fill out Music Scholarship Application Form
- Prepare and perform a solo piece which best demonstrate skills in the primary performance area. Vocal selections should be memorized, yet there is no requirement to sing in a foreign language. Selections must include live piano accompaniment.
- Demonstrate fundamental musical knowledge through a variety of diagnostic exercises, including sight-reading.
- If an MNU accompanist is needed, you must mail or scan the music to the music department one full week prior to the audition date.
- Optional: Prepare one solo piece in a secondary performance area.
- Percussionists perform on at least two instruments: snare drum, timpani, keyboard percussion, drumset.
Additional Requirements for Music Majors
- Perform a second solo piece in a style contrasting to the first.
- If not primarily a pianist, demonstrate proficiency, if any, at the piano.
- If not primarily a vocalist, sing a song of your choice.
Theatre Audition Requirements
- Fill out Theatre Scholarship Application Form
- Prepare and perform a piece which best demonstrate skills in the acting area.
- Demonstrate fundamental theatre knowledge through a variety of diagnostic exercises.
- Include a 32 bar musical theatre piece and a 90 second monologue
- Two contrasting 90 second monologues