MNU Arts & Humanities department offers two scholarship opportunities: Music and Theatre. Music major scholarships and/or music ensemble participation scholarships are available to exceptional students who complete the Music Scholarship Application Form and perform a successful audition. Theatre major scholarships are available to exceptional students who complete the Theatre Scholarship Application Form and perform a successful audition.
The audition experience is an opportunity for prospective students to demonstrate their level of musical/theatrical skill in the prospective student’s major (and possibly secondary) performance area, and meet the faculty.
All upcoming auditions are in person on the campus of MidAmerica. If you are unable to come to campus, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audition dates for 2022-2023 are as follows:
- November 6, 2021
- January 22, 2022
- February 19, 2022
- March 5, 2022
- April 2, 2022
- April 22, 2022
- May 14, 2022
Music Audition Requirements
- Fill out Music Scholarship Application Form.
- Prepare a solo piece which best demonstrates skills in the primary performance area. Vocal selections should be memorized, yet there is no requirement to sing in a foreign language.
- At the scheduled audition, demonstrate fundamental musical knowledge through a variety of diagnostic exercises, including sight-reading.
- Optional: Prepare one solo piece in a secondary performance area.
- Percussionists perform on at least two instruments: snare drum, timpani, keyboard percussion, drumset.
Additional Requirements for Music Majors
- Perform a second solo piece in a style contrasting to the first.
- If not primarily a pianist, demonstrate proficiency, if any, at the piano.
- If not primarily a vocalist, sing a song of your choice.
Theatre Audition Requirements
- Fill out Theatre Scholarship Application Form
- Prepare a piece which best demonstrate skills in the acting area.
- At the scheduled audition, demonstrate fundamental theatre knowledge through a variety of diagnostic exercises.
- Include a 32 bar musical theatre piece and a 90 second monologue
- Two contrasting 90 second monologues