Music major scholarships and/or music ensemble participation scholarships are available to exceptional students who complete the Music Scholarship Application Form and perform a successful audition.
The audition experience is an opportunity for prospective students and their families to:
- Demonstrate the level of musical skill in the prospective student’s major (and possibly secondary) performance area.
- Visit the music department and learn about the specific music programs.
- Meet music faculty and current music students.
- Tour the campus and music facilities.
- Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Saturday, January 20, 2018
- Friday, February 16, 2018
- Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Friday, April 20, 2018
- Friday, April 27, 2018
Prospective students must complete the Music Scholarship Application Form at least 1 week prior to the requested audition. For further questions contact the Department of Fine and Performing Arts at 913.971.3441 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Fill out Music Scholarship Application Form
- Prepare and perform two solo pieces in contrasting styles which best demonstrate skills in the primary performance area. These need not be memorized and vocalists are not required to sing in a foreign language.
- Demonstrate fundamental musical knowledge through a variety of diagnostic exercises.
- If an accompanist is needed, you must mail or fax the music to the music department two full weeks prior to the audition date. Fax number: 913.971.3416
- Optional: Prepare one solo piece in a secondary performance area.
- Percussionists perform on at least two instruments: snare drum, timpani, keyboard percussion.
- If not primarily a pianist, demonstrate proficiency, if any, at the piano.
- If not primarily a vocalist, sing a song of your choice.