Music major scholarships and/or music ensemble participation scholarships are available to exceptional students who complete the Music Scholarship Application Form and perform a successful audition.
The audition experience is an opportunity for prospective students and their families to:
- Demonstrate the level of musical skill in the prospective student’s major (and possibly secondary) performance area.
- Visit the music department and learn about the specific music programs and ensembles.
- Meet music faculty and current music students.
- Tour the campus and music facilities.
- Friday, November 2, 2018, 4:00-6:00 pm
- Monday, January 21, 2019, 4:00-6:00 pm
- Saturday, January 26, 2019, 12:00-2:00 pm
- Saturday, February 16, 2019, 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Saturday, March 23, 2019, 1:00-3:00 pm
- Saturday, April 6, 2019, 1:00-3:00 pm
- Friday, April 26, 2019, 4:00-6:00 pm
- Saturday, April 27, 2019, 3:00-5:00 pm
Prospective students must complete the Music Scholarship Application Form at least 1 week prior to the requested audition. For further questions contact the Department of Arts and Humanities at 913.971.3441 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out Music Scholarship Application Form
- Prepare and perform a solo piece which best demonstrate skills in the primary performance area. Vocal selections should be memorized, yet there is no requirement to sing in a foreign language. Selections must include live piano accompaniment.
- Demonstrate fundamental musical knowledge through a variety of diagnostic exercises, including sight-reading.
- If an MNU accompanist is needed, you must mail or scan the music to the music department one full week prior to the audition date.
- Optional: Prepare one solo piece in a secondary performance area.
- Percussionists perform on at least two instruments: snare drum, timpani, keyboard percussion, drumset.
Additional Requirements for Music Majors
- Perform a second solo piece in a style contrasting to the first.
- If not primarily a pianist, demonstrate proficiency, if any, at the piano.
- If not primarily a vocalist, sing a song of your choice.