PHYSICAL EDUCATION prepares you to teach diverse students a love for exercise and wellness, and equip them with tools to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
About the Program
“There’s something different about MNU teachers,” is something we hear a lot about our graduates. We think it’s equal parts preparation and quality students! Our education programs prepare you to teach and motivate students with innovative techniques and the latest technology.
YOU WILL LEARN
You’ll love opportunities like international student teaching, networking through Educators Rising, and dynamic field experiences prior to student teaching. Our curriculum focuses on:
- teaching models and strategies for physical education
- preventing and caring for physical injuries
- planning and implementing a physical education program and lifestyle choices for physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health
We offer valuable networking opportunities through our Math Club, Pi Lambda Theta—our Education Honors Society.
YOU SHOULD KNOW
- We are accredited by CAEP
- There is a separate application and admission process
- Recent graduates scored a 88% pass rate for their content areas of the PRAXIS exam
- Our program prepares you to be leaders in your school, communicating the connection between academic excellence and movement during the school day.
- Our courses include bridge courses, allowing students to begin graduate level work in special education, technology, and English language learning (ELL)
YOU ARE PREPARED
As a graduate, you will complete all Kansas requirements for teacher certification. Our faculty will also help you find out how to become certified in other states, and many are similar to Kansas requirements.